Skip to content

#7304 [CORE] - Shadowdancer Backstab progression messed up

PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
edited January 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hi

I'm playin v1.2 on the iPad and my lvl 5 shadowdancer still has a BS multiplier of x1.

It should be x2 according to the kit descrption. That's the second Shadowdancer that I create with the same issue.

I've seen threads where SD's got x3 BS multiplier by lvl 5 but none stating they are stuck with x1.

Any help?
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80 anything about this? I'll give the 2DA a check.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    since i'm on the ipad. is it possible to edit the backstab.2da?
    edited January 2014
    @Pblack no, no way to do so.
    EDIT: unless you have it jailbroken!
    It is just an error, in BG:EE you don't get x2 until lvl9.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    I am Jailbroken, yes.

And you mean that it is a Kit description error? Hmmm..

Well... I don't care =P. I edited the backstab.2da and exported it to the override folder and now my SD has backstabs like the kit says. Also fixed the "Assasin" typo on the 2da that seemed to cause some truble for assassins as well.

lvl 9 to get to x2 is painfully long. what good is HiPS if you are not backstabbing? I like it this way and i'm gonna keep it.

Thx all.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    No idea on the iPad version, sorry. The PC version of BG:EE says the backstab should have x1 up until level 9, then x2. The PC version of BG2:EE says x1 up to level 4, then x2 up to level 8.

I'm going to move this to Not an Issue since it appears to be intended behaviour. :-)
    @Troodon80 but the kit description's should be changed in the game since it is lying.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Sounds like a job for @Jalily.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The backstab progression in BG:EE will be changed to match the one in BGII:EE.
  • mormegil27mormegil27 Member Posts: 27
    I'm also getting x1 at level 5 on ipad. Glad it sounds like it will be fixed - how soon for the update?

Thanks!

I'm also getting x1 at level 5 on ipad. Glad it sounds like it will be fixed - how soon for the update?

Thanks!

I'm not sure but we might have a month and a little more.
    @CrevsDaak I'm now looking at this thread with the hope of editing the backstab.2da file and placing it in portraits folder:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16695/amazing-discovery-overriding-cre-files-without-override-folder-and-jailbreak

However, I have never tried to mod IE before. I am using iFunBox to look at the BGEE folder structure, however I have the following issues:

(1) There is no Library/Portraits folder to place a mod into... I suppose I could create it.

(2) I cannot find any .2da files in the folders. Are they wrapped into some other file, like .BIF? How does one access them? I've even looked at some modding tutorials but it is not clear from where the .2da files are obtained.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
    edited February 2014
    Ok, figured it out on the 2da front. I got Near Infinity v1.32.1 from SorcerersPlace and it was able to read the game files. Now I'll simply try to add a Portraits folder with that file and see what happens....

... no, it didn't work. I created a Portraits folder manually, placed backstab.2da in, but it doesn't recognize it. Well, at least I tried.

... Hang on! I renamed "Portraits" -> "portraits" and restarted the ipad, now it works. Problem solved.
    Post edited by mormegil27 on
    @mormegil27 sorry I couldn't help, nice that you've fixed it :)