Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Yet another BG addicted guy

MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,018
edited February 2014 in New Members Welcome Area
Almost 50 posts and I haven't introduced myself yet. How impolite.

I am an old thing who discovered BG long ago. Fallout and BG helped cure a V1 Battle.net addiction. (addicted despite the ever decreasing interest offered by that platform and the various pecuniary side effects on my V.90 modem and line...).

I have always loved those games but I reached the peak usage with the various mod collections (W.Weimer's noticeably) in 2002-2005.
Later on I used to play the game with a totally different playing style (with a lot of nerfing and self restrictions).

I had no cRPG gaming activity since my last BG2 session three (?) years ago.
And you guys had the wonderful idea to renew that game.
I bought both games in November last year, behaving like a kid at christmas time.

While my eyes were still filled with wonder by those %*µ@! good interface and engine my evil party reached the BG chapter 5. This first run kept me as captivated as my very first BG experiences.
Everything was so nice but I must confess that during this first playthrough I found Dorn and Baeloth too powerful - at least for the last third of the game.

With BG2EE I wanted to refresh my knowledge of the game internals (with tactics/stratagems mods though) and I created a fully custom party made up of totally different profiles. Thus incidentally postponing the pleasure to discover the new contents that I intentionally ignore for now.
For a first replay I am doing it wrong but once I am back to a vanilla EE setup I will try to provide a decent feedback.

Thank you Beamdog/Overhaul, this is outstanding.

Post edited by Musigny on
HeindrichthespaceMetallomanCrevsDaakmjs

Comments