Skip to content

Loki and Other Portraits

AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
edited January 2014 in Fan Creations
Saw a poster for the new Thor movie and thought this guy had a great expression--not the usual vapid stare or revenge glower. So I did a paintover. There was plenty of shameless tracing, but the textures are all from scratch.

Loki photo loki_zpse6bdfd94.png

Post edited by Autequi on

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    You were...up all night to create Loki?

/boogies
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Drugar said:

You were...up all night to create Loki?

/boogies

?

that awkward feeling when you miss a reference :)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Autequi
    Just turn on a radio or a music channel and wait long enough... you'll eventually get it.
    alnair said:

@Autequi
    Just turn on a radio or a music channel and wait long enough... you'll eventually get it.

I'm Loki you came along to explain it to me. :)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I do very much like the picture, I have to add.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    excellent!) That one (icon), out of the movies context, could very well be interesting to use in a party..indeed. Nice one.. thx)
    Thanks! I'm looking for a new project but haven't found any inspiring. Seen any good candidates for Rasaad?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Autequi Arnold Vosloo from "The Mummy" movies?

For Dorn, May I suggest Chris Hemsworth?

@LadyRhian
    So I'm looking at your pics thinking, 'Well, these men are certainly yum' and Googling for more images and pondering their suitability when... wait a minute... did you just suggest evil Imhotep for the good NPC and good Thor for the evil one? :D

Thanks for the suggestions, though; I'm definitely considering them.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Autequi I was going for facial resemblance more than anything. And lack of hair in the case of Rasaad.
    edited January 2014
    Haven't finished Rasaad, but here is an armored Daenerys Targaryen. Inspired by a request from @Shandyr in the Alternate NPC portraits thread.

Paintover, armor from Leelee Sobiesky's Joan of Arc movie. The portrait doesn't resize well to small, so I recommend using the included file.

photo daenery_zps6cbf1251-1.png
    Post edited by Autequi on
    Hm, apparently you can't delete and re-attach files from a previous post.
    Here's Michael Ealy in Anomen armor.

Ealy photo mEaly_zpsd1cf07b4.jpg
  • randNamerandName Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    Hey, nice portraits - esp. the first and last.

With the last though the light feels off - or most of the areas makes sense on their own, but together they feel a bit random.

Hard light from the front-right on the throat while the nose area have a hard front light etc.

Did a quick paintover, hope you don't mind.
    Note that the style is now worse as I just slapped on some paint - but some of these shadows and lights make more sense to me overall than before.

& I killed way too much contrast style wise - so yeah just light direction and shadow placement is of interest here (I also always paint with too muted colors personally)
    randName said:

Did a quick paintover, hope you don't mind.

Not at all; have at it! :) I like what you've done with it.

Yeah, that lighting's a hot mess. At some point you get sick of working on the same thing though. I might revisit it one day.