Skip to content

Help Please with Override Folder

bucksnortbucksnort Member Posts: 3
So I had the glitch where the Luck Spell removes your proficiencies and I downloaded the file from this thread

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23259/6941-casting-luck-spwi209-spl-should-not-remove-the-target-s-weapon-proficiencies

and placed it in the override folder, but still did not fix the issue. I'm not sure if I placed it in the right folder or what. Is there suppose to nothing in the override folder to begin with? Or maybe my override folder is in the wrong place?

EDIT: Okay Apparently I have a Beamdog Folder and a Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition folder and they are identical in that it has 0766 and all that and the override had to be in the BG folder not the beamdog folder

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    It doesn't fix damage that has already been done, only prevents it from happening in the first place - If you want your proficiencies back, just EEKeeper them - If you don't know what EEKeeper is, I pity the ephemeralities you've wasted your life on.
  • bucksnortbucksnort Member Posts: 3
    Yes I know it doesnt fix it but the problem still occurs when I cast Luck so it didnt prevent it from doing it in the future sorry for the confusion. Maybe my override folder is in wrong place?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Override folder should be in the main install location. So like C:/Program Files/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

It varies based on where your game is installed.