Skip to content

What do you order from the boot machine in Spellhold? *Spoilers everyone Spoilers*

deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
With a party consisting of Nalia, Aerie and Imoen, I find it hard to keep them away from the shoe sale that is located in Spellhold. With minimal spending money, it is impossible to get everything they want, so when you walk by the shoe sale what do you order in your size?
  1. What do you order from the boot machine in Spellhold? *Spoilers everyone Spoilers*58 votes
    1. Jester Plate
        8.62%
    2. Frost and Electric boots
        6.90%
    3. Frost and Speed boots
      37.93%
    4. Frost Boots only
        0.00%
    5. Electric Boots only
        0.00%
    6. Speed Boots only
      32.76%
    7. Other (wow, you can do that?)
        1.72%
    8. Just shoe me the results
      12.07%

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Boots of speed, then frost with the leftovers. Well, most of the leftovers.

Alternately...

Cheat in a bunch of tokens, take everything, bwahahaha.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Everyone would agree that the Speed Boot is the best prize. The other boot is just leftover (worthwhile if going up against the Silver Dragon.)
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    HASTE! HASTE FOR EVERYONE BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

...I like boots of speed, what can I say?
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    It worked rather amazingly for me, actually. Although I don't recall the exact locations of all the items, I managed by the end of TOB to have an entirely hasted party! 5 pairs of Boots of Speed are accessible from the beginning of SoA despite losing your gear from BG1. Alongside these 5, Valygar was equipped with Grandmaster Armour - excellent leather armor that granted haste. It was luxurious.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180

It worked rather amazingly for me, actually. Although I don't recall the exact locations of all the items, I managed by the end of TOB to have an entirely hasted party! 5 pairs of Boots of Speed are accessible from the beginning of SoA despite losing your gear from BG1. Alongside these 5, Valygar was equipped with Grandmaster Armour - excellent leather armor that granted haste. It was luxurious.

Technically, you can get 6 pairs of boots of speed.

SoA
    1. Planar Prison
    2. Spellhold
    3. Renal Bloodcap
    ToB
    4. Illasera
    5. Merchant inside Saradush
    6. Merchant outside Saradush
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    I take nothing since i play solo and have the boots of speed from the astral prison.
    In group, the boots of speed seems the obvious choice anyway.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Admittedly, it helps a great deal that I removed the 'wizard spells disabled' effect from it in Near Infinity - it always upset me that such dashing chain was essentially a gimmick. So I cheated.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Because I still do not accept that this is not a bard-only item that allows for spells, singing and pickpocketing. No way such a cool item could be that much of a letdown, right?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    The 5 boots of speed that most people will get in their run are a great argument for a monk in the party :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    @Skaffen I think that another pair was added in Rasaad's ToB quest, an evil troll of you ask me.

After seeing the wonders of the FPS set at 60 you can't go back to 30, everyone walks like Hasted, I never used the Boots of Speed for more than moving faster (which lead to a bad habit of abusing CRTL+J), or Ranged strategies, but then I mainly don't use them anymore. If I play solo I take the Talos' Gift boots for 100% Electricity Resistance with a Robe of Electricity Resistance and Gesen's Shortbow. If not I take the Chain for the money.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @CrevsDaak I think you're right, don't really remember (too busy wrestling with the bugs, had to redo the final fight 3 times... :( ) but if so it's the wrong quest since if you have him you don't need the additional pair :)