Skip to content

Team Holy Justice!

ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
I'm thinking of doing a paladin playthrough of BG1&2+ToB with an Inquisitor who only Takes those he deems as holy people (Paladins and good clerics) with him, with the exception of Imoen. (To keep her safe since she can't return to Candlekeep in the first game, and because of their shared heritage in the second) In the first game it would be Ajantis and Branwen mainly. In the second it would be Anomen, Keldorn, and maybe Mazzy. I guess Rasaad could count as well. I know people have done some absolutely silly solos, so I know the majority of the game would be quite doable, but what about the part of BG2 where I have no thief? And what about no mages while Imoen's gone? I know mage fights shouldn't be too hard with two Inquisitors, but will I require some arcane magic?

On a mostly unrelated note, I just want to brag about the Inquisitor I made for this. 96 total roll with an 18\94 STR. He's almost perfect.
Post edited by Elrandir on
booinyoureyesCrevsDaakWandering_MinstrelBlackraven

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I almost wish you hadn't said that, since now I'm kicking myself. hahaha I certainly don't think I could try and roll the same stats for a cavalier. I was originally thinking of doing a full solo run, but then I kept thinking about it from a role-play standpoint and decided on a different course of action. (And traps are annoying...) I suppose Aerie would work, though I guess I'm somewhat interested in having Rasaad, due to the ridiculous things monks can do at later levels, and I like the idea of a group filled with paladins or would be paladins. Aerie would provide a romance, but I think my CHARNAME would get completely fed up with her whining. He's kind of an all around hero sort, but not exactly patient. He'd probably blow up at her eventually, after keeping it in all the time. And then she'd start blubbering more! (Sorry for the wall of text. I tend to rattle on a bit when it comes to these sorts of things)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    Have you ever tried this tool? http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1

It is REALLY simple and straightforward. It will allow you to change your characters class (and even stats)
    You would just have to
    1. open your saved game
    2. set his HP to 1 and his level to zero
    3. Change his kit to cavalier
    4. Delete all his proficiencies (except for 4)
    When you reload your game he should level up, and you can rechoose his proficiencies!

Hope that helps!
    ElrandirCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Unfortunately I'm running BG on an ipad, so I've got to stick with the base game. =\ But thanks for the idea!
    Once I do manage to get a pc capable of running... Well, anything, I'll definitely look into that for future playthroughs.
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    I am all for this paladin type of walkthrough. I have played an inquisitor and a cavalier. I prefer the cavalier.
    Elrandir
    btw, my first complete playthrough was similar to this:
    Female Undead Hunter
    Keldorn
    Anomen (romance)
    Imoen (keep lil' sis safe, just like yours)
    Minsc: Chaotic Good, but a ranger who kicks butt for goodness. Keldorn respects him, so I did too.
    Mazzy(knight)-->Sarevok: Redemption (if I redid this now, I would eekeeper him into a cavalier)

I like the idea of a party of Holy Avengers. Looking back I'd probably replace Minsc with Aerie or Rasaad and make a male Cavalier PC. I'd also take the mod NPC Isra, who I hear good things about (female Cavalier). I'd do the Isra romance or the Aerie romance.
    Elrandir
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Mazzy definitely fits the bill, as do Anomen, Keldorn and Rasaad.
    I think you will miss a Thief-Mage (i.e. Imoen). You might consider having Nalia around, though that would break with the pallies/priests only idea. Or you could leave various Chapter 2 quests for later, and rush your party to Spellhold to save Imoen once you have reasonably good gear for your party. (From a roleplaying perspective this makes a lot of sense imo, though I amost never do it).

I wouldn't play two Inquisitors, because I like my party members to have different perks, though as @booinyoureyes said, an extra Inquisitor would help .against mages.
    Elrandirlolien
    Still, how many True Sights and dispels do you really need? Keldorn gets so many. I'd definitely go cavalier!
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Is Undead Hunter an option? Cavalier is the quintessential knight in shining armor, born to lead Team Holy Justice, but I know that Elrandir has been playing a Cavalier through part of BG1, maybe Undead Hunter would be a nice change. I think their class features (immunity to hold/stun and level drain, bonuses against undead are useful throughout most of the game.
    Elrandirbadbromance