Skip to content

Whatever happened to TDD?

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited August 2012 in General Modding
This was the first large overhaul mod I played. It was really good, but it seemed unfinished + some of the dialouge was obviously badly written (colloquiallisms, grammar mistakes, anachronisms and so on). I download it again recently- the most recent version I could find, and it played exactly the same. Has it been abandoned or marked as finished?

Comments

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    It was really good

What? Did we play the same TDD? The nom-Weidu mod with horrible AI, rediculous kits (seriously, Tiefling, Deugar and Drow as KITS!) and pointless NPCs without any actual in game interaction?

That TDD?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yep that one. Like I tried to say, it obviously wasn't up to the more professional standards of the later mods, but looking back at it (maybe with nostalgia goggles) I really liked it.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Probably abandoned. Is there any official date for the final update of the mod?

I for one won't forget about the BG1 (BIG BIG) mod "Dark Side of the Sword Coast". Boy was it hard and unforgiving though O_O
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2012
    Love the DSotSC large scale battle versus a bazillion Duergars. And the final battle with drows... epic. Banshee can be unforgiving with Death Ward. The dragon has too little hp IMO, I usually send 1 fighter boosted with haste and everything plus a scroll of protection against acid (or was it poison I forgot?) and he dies in less than 3 rounds.

TDD has some interesting stuff, I liked the Artemis/Jarlaxle quest stuff and the trip to Easthaven. Hall of knowledge was a bit underwhelming and unforgiving.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    edited August 2012
    The Darkest Day, v1.14, repackaging and bugfixing King Diamond and Hoppy
    Supported languages: English, Russian, German, Polish, French, Italian (Ilot), Spanish (Ancalagon el Negro)
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/323-the-darkest-day-v114/

Use in mega-installs with multiple mods:
    http://www.shsforums.net/forum/399-mega-modifications/

It is probably best experienced if you use the BWP materials and fixes to install it. It is on my list of mods that I have installed and uninstalled dozens of times for testing, but have never actually gotten to play through from beginning to end.

The community has kept up with a number of the oldest mods, trying to fix them up . We have better technology and a better existing knowledgebase. If you run into stuff you think needs fixing, I'd go pop over to forums and see if someone can look into fixing it up. I think Miloch was trying to rebuild some of these...

I *know* he was working with folks on TDSoTSC at some point.
    Turambar is current maintainer for DS/NTotSC but he's been away for a while (since he released DSotSC 2.16 pretty much in january) and has recently reported that he's looking for help with those.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55045-a-small-update/
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Since I saw DSotSC mention, that above is for BGT.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0 is for the vanilla BG game. We made it possible by converting it to Weidu in the first place.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    DSOTSC had a +5 Club with a ranged attack and a poison you couldn't save against if I remember right. It was clearly a good idea.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Dazzu : Possibly the strongest weapon in the game - usable only by druids though :)
    edited August 2012
    All the stuff added to Cloakwood various areas by DSotSC is overpowered. Staff, leather armors, clubs...

EDIT @CoM_Solaufein Yeh sorry, that one on SHS is for BGT. I just don't think many people mod vBG1 anymore.
    Sorry- I have lived too long in Tutu/BGT-land - I should also have linked the Chosen of Mystra original BG one. I feel like an idiot... @Com_Solaufein, is a version of Stone of Askavar planned for BG:EE, too?

I personally gave up on the idea of game balance and the concept of overpowered long ago. With SCS and SCSII, and my relatively average tactical skills, you could throw a +10 vorpal sword on PC and on a small mod loadout the battle challenges would still be... invigorating.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You would have to ask Red Carnelian, he's still active.
    @cmorgan I'm in the same boat pretty much XD BGT tactical/megamod game, My party is at 180k xp when reaching the final encounter, with lots of overpowered items from Dark Horizons/The Vault/Stone of Askavar/DSotSC/whatnot and I still can't beat him... So i returned to the surface to clear everything and come back with about 300k xp so hopefully I stand a chance.

This is with SCS/2 and The_Bigg Tweaks "maximum hp for all creatures". Suicidal much? :D
    Fun fact : that TB#tweaks component increases critters hp too, my cleric/mage spent about half an hour clearing the house full of rats in Candlekeep XD
    @lansounet - the first time I included the maximum HP tweak, I figured out it must be the bigg's revenge for all the crazy stuff we all keep asking him to do :) I had to reload in Lion's Way. Gibberlings are not so easy when they swarm and have maximum HP...