Skip to content

If Irenicus had weapons...

What do you think they'd be? Dual swords? A magical dagger? A flaming halberd mixed with human blood? XD

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Dual longswords that have some sort of crazy and awesome elven design.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My guess is some sort of torture device, like a rack, or an iron maiden, perhaps, but I'll go with thumbscrews.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    He would have been more threatening if he were a Fighter/Magic-User, I think. Give him, like, a sword and shield combo that's a desecration of something used by a hero/ine, or himself in better days.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427

Bathing Cap +5:
    Headbutts do 2d12 bludgeon damage when the bathing cap is worn by bald, middle-aged elves. There's also a chance of stunning the opponent for 1d8 rounds, depending on the visage of its wearer. Forced French kisses by the wearer will level drain the opponent... a lot.

Bathing Cap + 5: Sil's Bane
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Bathing Cap +5:
    Headbutts do 2d12 bludgeon damage when the bathing cap is worn by bald, middle-aged elves. There's also a chance of stunning the opponent for 1d8 rounds, depending on the visage of its wearer. Forced French kisses by the wearer will level drain the opponent... a lot.

Bathing Cap + 5: Sil's Bane
    "FOOLS to muss my bath. Wait...!"
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think that the Boneblade+4 Dagger you can find in the Underdark fits him, or maybe Cutthroat+4, another powerful blade that can be used for torture. Or maybe the Stiletto of Deathmatchness+2, it was created by a woman that used it for torture.

On the other hand, in the Ascension version of Irenicus he has a Sling and a Staff (anyway the sling works as Firetooth+5 :P), but I think that he fits much more with daggers.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Single longsword, i believe. He kept in his bedchamber the gem part of the equilizer. And because elves are naturally skilled in bows and longswords, it's a pretty easy guess. Yes, he is a mage, but not your normal, regular pc.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    All arch-wizards have a staff, even elven ones. I'd go with a staff.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Sawed-off shotgun for close range... :S
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    CHARNAME's arm. He'd smack you with it after having removed it during experiments while shouting "STOP HITTING YOURSELF! STOP HITTING YOURSELF!"

...Okay, Irenecus wouldn't do this, I admit. Now Bhodi? Bhodi would own that shit.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    an unadorned iron rod, imbued with unspeakable power.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Staff of the Magi, not because it's a staff or because it's freaking powerful. One of its bonuses is sufficient. The only time his magic failed him, Protection From Evil would have been very welcome.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    enqenq said:

Staff of the Magi, not because it's a staff or because it's freaking powerful. One of its bonuses is sufficient. The only time his magic failed him, Protection From Evil would have been very welcome.

Not as much as you'd think - while prot from evil prevents bodily attacks by extraplanar creatures (against which there should be a magic resistance roll which is not implemented in the game), it does not work on their home plane! There they are natives and not extraplanar.

Pretty nasty against adventuring parties in PnP if they go on other planes because they can be held at bay with prot from good...
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    All the pictures I just checked depict him without weapons, and otherwise his outfit kind of a reminds me of He-Man´s gear from the Masters of the Universe cartoon... could he be secretly a monk? Or then he has a hidden weapon, and he actually has pseudo-life as something else than an elven sorcerer dressed in a costume of alien design... perhaps he indeed has a magic sword, the biggest sword in the BG series, but it was too powerful to be ever implemented by the game functions/code? And do consider his secret life as something else than revenge-ridden, heartbroke terror strike... what if he is dressed in that mode in some silken vests, as Adam?
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I definitely see Irenicus as somebody who would wield some kind of disturbingly powerful dagger, that would have very nasty side effects for those slashed by it. Going by the paper doll that already exists for him, I abhor any suggestion of a shield, a two-handed weapon, or a ranged weapon.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Dagger and rapier. He would have his own special weapon, just like his spells.

The dagger +7 would cause 1 poison damage every every 10 seconds for 8 hours, and if hit there is a 75% chance that the victim will become sickend, slowly deteriorating over the course of a week. At the end of the week when he runs out of hit points, instead of dying he turns into a zombie with the same hit points and thac0 as the character he was and attacks your party. The effect can only be dispelled by temples, within 4 days of contracting the condition. The dagger, when equipped along with the rapier, provided AC +2. The dagger looks dirty, cracked and broken, stained with blood and disease. Any attempt at washing it proves futile.

The rapier +5 has a speed factor of 0, hits as a +5 weapon, and and thac0 +10, but does 1d4+1 electricity damage. damage. On hit it casts dispel magic on the target at the level of the user, as well as a 20% chance or hitting a ligning hit, blinding and deafening the target for 5 seconds, no save. It gives an extra spell per level, and can cast chain lightning, and lightning bolt once per day. The ornate rapier has a complex blue tinted hilt, and though the blade appears to be normal, it seems to only reflect blue light. When you pick it up, you feel a small electric shock, and it spontaneously sparks, disturbingly, as it's so close to your metal armor. The blade is clean and pristine in contrast to the dagger.