Skip to content

HELP! Working at Registration Desk

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Well, hello there my good man, *bows* here is my ticket. Where should I sit? Also, do you know when the presentations start? Much obliged!
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    access granted to public or guest/private (wireless) networks.
    contact reference, phone, room (read from the university's directory).
    taxi/cab numbers - transportation in general.
    whether such or such person already checked in/out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    If I ever go somewhere and Shandyr is at the reception desk I'm certainly not going to ask if they know something about a penguin invasion and if they are giving free tacos and THAC0 bonuses because he might get angry or upset.

A common question is "Where do the bathrooms are", there are several ways of answering this (this is completely an example):
    1) men's is at 2nd floor thrid door at the left, and ladies' 2nd floor second door at the left, something else?
    2) go up the stairs, turn left there ya' go!
    3) Um, go to the stair here *showing the map*, turn to the left at this corridor and in this door you have the bathroom.

If someone asks for if he/she has to pay entrance be honest and tell him/her the truth, I don't think that much people can be easily fooled like that (unless you have 27 CHA like Dee and basically you instantly charm anyone with Wisdom under 14).

Edit: I accidentally hit Comment instead of the iPad's "delete" button.

Also, if you are giving free coffee don't advertise it :D
    elminster said:

Hi we just parked in the white areas, when the brochure says to park in the yellow areas. Is that going to be problem?

Hi, I've was told that this is the reception desk, is that true?
    Hi, I couldn't fine a better place for my bag than leaving it on the elevator, can you make it stop so I can pick it?

FVY: Hi, we're the FVY and we're searching for the bathrooms, they've committed a crime.
    Shandyr: But, um, Sir, they are bathrooms!
    FVY:Oh, well, so I might searching them for a different reason, where did they are anyway?
    Shandyr: Men's is at 2nd floor thrid door at the left, and ladies' 2nd floor second door at the left, something else?
    FVY: Um, yeah. Are you giving free coffee? Uh, nicey! Can you give me some, please?
    I had to post that :)
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Bathrooms ?
    Water collector and sewers for those identified as spambots, I say.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    (Not sure how your university parking system works but)

Hi we just parked in the white areas, when the brochure says to park in the yellow areas. Is that going to be problem?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Could you explain THAC0, please?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014

Which of course will end up standing for

The Health And Community Office. That or (since this is university) a seminar on the impact of Tartarology, Hedonism, Acosmism, and Cooperation on Obeism.

Could have used 0 instead of O but O is just easier :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Then there's the "what's a [fill in appropriate gender reference] like you doing in a place like this? What say we go out after..."

Just kidding. You might get asked about nearby food (what's cheap/what's good). Mostly, you're just there to smile and greet.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

Street THACØ's or fish THACØ's? We have lots of THACØ joints in San Diego, actually. Tasty.

What? I thought it was a silent H...
    edited March 2014
    @Shandyr The most important thing is to make the person feel important. So be polite, and don't tell them "I don't know"; instead, say "Sir, please wait while I sort this out for you." Or something similar... you'll do great. If you can't find anything, be very sorry and sympathetic. Don't make excuses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, that's good. Try and enjoy meeting new people!