Skip to content

"King" Gramm

My solo cavalier (well, almost solo, I have Aerie with me for the romance stuff) is in chapter three. I decided to do Neera's quest for the first time. I am in their hidden enclave and I see a "King" Gramm (I have not talked to him yet). An allusion to Sir / King Graham(e) of the King's Quest series?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    Its possible but they don't have a lot of similarities (beyond the name).
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Yeah, just the name reminded me of those KQ games I grew up with in the 1980s.
    elminsterjackjack
    Now if there were a Prince Alexander or a Cassima then that would be more certain :)
    Wandering_Minstrel
    Prince Alexander was probably my favorite (don't tell King Grahame!).
    elminster
    @elminster "King" Gramm just said "Cidrick! Cidrick! Where are you, you bumbling bird?"
    elminsterButtercheeseDreadKhan
    edited March 2014

@elminster "King" Gramm just said "Cidrick! Cidrick! Where are you, you bumbling bird?"

Hmm...I missed that reference when I would have seen it during the Neera testing I did. Well there you have it then :)
    DreadKhan
    Personally I only ever played KQ6 and KQ8. I own the others through gog.com but I never could get into playing them.
    DreadKhan
    Some of the KQ games did not age well, in my opinion. 7 being my least favorite ever. I do like the first three, 6 and 8 (the rest are so-so).
    DreadKhan
  • NerfyNerfy Member Posts: 12
    I'm a few years late, though while googling to find out whether there was anything to do with him I found this thread, and paying more attention now I see he is very much a reference to the King's Quest King Graham ;), talking about Cedric the bumbling bird (the annoying companion in KQ5, Heroine's Quest actually had the same bird show up as a brief easter egg with an achievement for killing it) and the prince possibly being a prisoner of some sorcerer (it was one of the stories of the earlier games).
    DreadKhanWandering_Minstrel
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Ha, I was too young for those sierra games when they came out, but I later did get very into Quest for Glory, and beat all but the buggy horror that was 4, but 3 I could only beat with a thief, again, due to bugs. I don't remember if I made the connection to KQ, which my mom and brother both loved to play.

I played one of the Alexander ones though, the one where he has to go to a bunch of islands I think, and on one their is flying humanoids, and a maze iirc, and I got stuck in the maze. I actually had the ~13 disk version, good heavens was that ever a clumsy way to play a game. I would love to play SpaceQuest though, those looked very cool, and some of the cooler one offs they made... though they'd look weird seeing them in colour, since we used a black and white VGA monitor... 255 shades of grey, the mega-prequel! ;)
    Wandering_Minstrel
    edited July 2019
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    I played one of the Alexander ones though, the one where he has to go to a bunch of islands I think, and on one their is flying humanoids, and a maze iirc, and I got stuck in the maze. I actually had the ~13 disk version, good heavens was that ever a clumsy way to play a game.

That one is King's Quest VI. I really like that one. There are different ways in playing that one, and it has multiple endings.
    DreadKhan
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I was around for the era of Sierra adventure games, but for some reason I never got into the King's Quest series (very odd in hindsight, considering that I enjoyed the Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry games, and fantasy is by far my preferred genre). Maybe one of these days I should pick up the King's Quest games on GoG and give them a go. :)