Skip to content

LOL Moments *spoilers*

What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? Was it an odd combat circumstance, a wild surge, or just some fun dialog.

I entered the graveyard for the final battle with Bodhi. Jaheira had just been taken and I'm beset by vampire. Suddenly Welyn decides despite being in mortal combat it would be a good time to ask about his bear. Anomen's turn undead kicks in vaporizing all the vampires and Welyn. At which point I couldn't stop laughing.

I stumbled upon a really funny banter after saving Nalia's aunt. Mazzy proceeds to say she thinks the trolls didn't eat her because she was so sour. Followed promptly by oops did I say that out loud?

So what made you laugh recently?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    "I'm not letting you cook me, you crazy troll!"
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    @Archaos who said that?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Charname did (if he decided to) in his conversation with Portalbendenwinder or whatever his name is, right?
    edited March 2014
    @Viconia_DeVir must be one of the most eloquent speakers to have crossed my path on the prime material plane. And she's not even a native speaker of the language in which we communicate, which makes her articulacy all the more impressive. Our opinions may dissent on occasions, but I cannot but give credit where credit is due.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Since the last time I played was the final battle, the funniest thing was probably what a walkover Cryonax Prince of Ice was. Just distracted him with a Mordaiken's Sword and ranged him. Given how strong Yan-C-Bin was for me with his knockback attacks, I laughed with relief.
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    I have had a long while to practise with this tongue, @Blackraven‌; yikss whol dosstan vel'bol Usstan telanth d'. Your observation does you much credit in return - perhaps you are no mere lowly male after all! This might be an opinion we can agree upon, hm?
  • BrunachosBrunachos Member Posts: 35
    Lilarcor rox.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    My first time playing was "The bars, they bend and twist with my berserker strength! Minsc and Boo are free. Now you will... now..now?"

People don't seem to appreciate it enough since we've all seen it wayyyyyyy too many times, but the first time it happened I had a big goofy grin on my face, lol.

I also love talking to the pirate king and just having Minsc lead the conversation. Perfect way to enter Spellhold.

Yet the first moment that made me LOVE this game? Albert and Rufie. Oh man was that disturbing... plus the little girl who had a father who raises her cat and Mellicamp. I got all of those in one day when I was like 13.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    This is kinda my own doing but it amuses me all the same.

Be me

Be a bard.

Party consists of a modded female paladin named Isra, Imoen, Branwen, Neera and Raseed.

Realize I am one gender away from a harem party but need Raseed for new content.

Realize I have a belt of gender change.

Be me. Be a bard.

Have a harem party.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Poor, poor Rasaad!

The horror!

He's (she's) gonna switch to Shar, Goddess of loss, you know...
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    WebShaman said:

Poor, poor Rasaad!

The horror!

He's (she's) gonna switch to Shar, Goddess of loss, you know...

This calls for a "just as planned" evil smile.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Pretty much anything from Montaron is pure gold, as well.

"I warrant your attention? Oh! Frabjerous day! Callooh-calley!"
    "What part of "I'm a loner" do ye not UNDERSTAND?!"
    "Do ye truly want yer last words to be SO STUPID!?"
    "Mayhaps we should be friends and all and go for tea, eh?"
    *Death of a character* "Fool! Now we'll need another mule!"
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    Anomen-Jan banters.

Jan's tale of godhood at the end of TOB. Your other companions give all kinds of moving speeches and then you get Jan's! "Now this I have to hear!"

In BG:EE:

One of Dorn's dialogue where you get to snitch on one of your companions and he kills them. As I don't resurrect dead companions, oops...

In BG2:EE:

Some dialogue options for Rasaad at the temple. He's so serious about his deception and then you tell the cultists that Rasaad is not even being able to fool a five year old with candy in his hand.

• batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25

Realize I am one gender away from a harem party but need Raseed for new content.

Realize I have a belt of gender change.

Be me. Be a bard.

Have a harem party.

Just wondering, was Rasaad shirtless when you put on the belt?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Another funny: For some reason whenever I import a PC from BGEE to BG2EE I don't get to change the soundset until in-game. My second PC I imported was a Male Sorcerer with Player 4(I think) "Top of my to do list!" and in game his voice bugged and gave me some really funny subtitles. One I recognized as Anomen saying: "I shall return when my father is sober." which made me giggle. However what made me nearly fall off my chair was when he started spouting lines from Lilarcor, and what made it better was that they were VOICED! So I played around with the bugged soundset, and, well...

Becoming leader: "Mwahahahahahahaha!!!"

Needless to say I had to take a short break from playing before I regained my sanity.
    @Viconia_DeVir: As a halfling I am used to being perceived as a lowly male, and unfortunately not just in a literal fashion. Your discernment sets you apart from many a man, or women, who consider themselves your moral superior. Udos inbal biu kampi'unin, usstan dos bel'la.
    edited March 2014
    Minsc cracked me up when he told Aerie and me that he'd contracted the Calimshite itch in rather private places after frolicking with Boo in bushes he now considers to be of suspect nature.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212

Minsc cracked me up when he told Aerie and me that he'd contracted the Calimshite itch in rather private places after frolicking with Boo in bushes he now considers to be of suspect nature.

Then, as Imoen mentions at the start, there's the problem of where Boo is hidden while Minsc is locked in a cage wearing very little...

• mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    skipping through cespenar's dialogue really quickly sounds...strangely sexual. try it

um-er-ee-I-wha-whe-um-ahh-el-ee-to-ces-ooo
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014
    mjs said:

skipping through cespenar's dialogue really quickly sounds...strangely sexual. try it

um-er-ee-I-wha-whe-um-ahh-el-ee-to-ces-ooo

Good lord.
    Well, he is there to serve, in what manner however...
    vangoat said:

Then, as Imoen mentions at the start, there's the problem of where Boo is hidden while Minsc is locked in a cage wearing very little...

Gerbilling?
    Post edited by Loub on
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    One time I was trying to use a Wish spell in the final battle with [you know who in ToB], before I really knew how to deal with marileths and such. I wasn't very wise (cough) and asked the djinn to conjure me a fearsome horde of allies. He said o.k. and conjured up a bunch of rabbits before disappearing.

Great.

So I went after the marileths and whatever else was in that upper right area of the screen. Guess what? Those powerful idiots went after the bunnies and completely ignored Keldorn, who hacked them all to pieces.

HA HA AHA HAH HA!
    Obviously those were killer rabbits ala The Holy Grail (thanks Monty Python)!

Much more dangerous than Keldorn!
  • CTKnightOwlCTKnightOwl Member Posts: 88
    Brunachos said:

Lilarcor rox.

I don't chop wood ok? I'm not an axe.

And I don't break rocks, either. I am not a pick, understand?