Skip to content

PnP Strength for Halflings

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
edited March 2014 in General Modding
One thing that always bothered me in BG, it that halflings get 17 STR instead of 18 and not rolling for exceptional strength bonus like in 2E P&P, so I edited the 2DAs and changed this.

It's a manual install mod, just unzip the files and drop them in the override folder, works both with BG:EE and BG2:EE.
Post edited by CrevsDaak on

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Interesting, didn't know the 17 STR goes against 2E rules. Makes halflings the best fighter/thieves (if they weren't already).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Interesting, didn't know the 17 STR goes against 2E rules. Makes halflings the best fighter/thieves (if they weren't already).

Yeah, and now they can use Composite Longbows since the start of the game, better saving throws than other races (not shorties) and better THAC0 with ranged (max DEX is 19), so they are really powerful.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Yeah, and now they can use Composite Longbows since the start of the game, better saving throws than other races (not shorties) and better THAC0 with ranged (max DEX is 19), so they are really powerful.
    If only their class selection wasn't so restricted...
    I sort of like Halflings, even if their hairy feet in 2e and Pathfinder annoy me. Ech. Why don't they shave it is a mystery to my mere mortal comprehension.
    I'm not exactly fond of their gods either, but that might just be me and my obsession for more passionate gods - Ilmater, Lathander and Selûne are the only gods I ever serve in PnP - the former most of the time, because passion is, by its very etymology, suffering (and by passion I don't mean romantic passion, I mean strong feelings and beliefs, which fits me very well, as do most of my Archivists); Lathander because of his themes of creation and art, as well as mechanical superiority when fighting undead - I usually make my Clerics followers of Lathander both in BG and PnP, but then again, I don't make clerics very often, since I prefer more cerebral pursuits than religious; Selûne, or Diana as she is called by the Rashemi, is usually the goddess I pick when playing a Hathran (though getting the GM to acknowledge her worship, which is not allowed in the rules but confirmed by lore, was somewhat tricky), mostly because of the borderland that is Rashemen (which stands between the three primes - Shadow, Feywild and Toril) where her guidance is most welcolme.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Halflings get -1 strength in 2ED PnP, which means a maximum strength of 17. Also halfings don't get to roll for exceptional strength per 2ED.

That said, many of of the 2ED racial restrictions didn't make much sense.