Skip to content

Durlag's Tower

I've been trying to make may way through this awesome game that I've just newly discovered without looking too much up online but the puzzles in Durlag's Tower are making this difficult to do. I went downstairs, defeated The Four Warders, and went down another level. I'm making my way the best I can but I have a few items left over from the Warders. Will I need this key, gong mallet, and anything else I have on me from that quest or is it safe to drop these items?

Or should I hold on to them to sell later on?

I wonder if there is a market for used gong mallets in The Sword Coast ...

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014
    You don't need to bring quest items from one level to another in Durlags tower. But just to be sure drop them into a chest close by, they will not stay there forever, but they will stay longer than if you dropped them on the ground.

Stuff you find on level 3 won't be needed on level 4 in durlags, etc.

You get very little to no gold for quest items, most of them are grey and can't be sold to the vendors.
  • TheGiantDwarfTheGiantDwarf Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the fast reply!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    And make sure you have the gem bag, potion case, and scroll case. You'll run out of room for loot pretty quick otherwise.
    Thanks, @meagloth‌

I picked those up ages ago. I'm actually pretty far into the game. I'm only just now getting to Durlag's Tower. I tried it a few times when I was at a lower level, couldn't get past the guards out front, and decided to come back at a later point.
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    How are you in Durlag's?

How are you in Durlag's?

What do you mean?

• pellow7pellow7 Member Posts: 8
    I have defeated the four wardens and down on the next level but I'm stuck defeated the doppelgänger but can't seem to get through any more doors with the ward stones what do I do???
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    If you're where I think you are, you should be able to go straight ahead into a room with statues, a big rug on the floor and globe at the far end. In this room, you can manipulate two of the statues to open other doors. Keep your eyes open for other odd things like this; target dummies to shoot, baskets waiting for rune stones, control rooms with many levers. Durlag's Tower is full of trick doors and stuff.
  • kimerakimera Member Posts: 1
    HI! Im in the level 2, and i dont know how to open the other doors, i mean when you are in the bedroom with 3 stones( orange, green, red) i dont know what to do! i tried to put in the 3 doppelganger statues, i tried to put with the books, i tried everything and i cant solve! please help!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Go back in the room with the dummies and force attack one of them, a door should open in the northern room.