Skip to content

#7614 - Can Equip Multiple Rings of Sune

ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
edited March 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
This isn't a serious issue, so perhaps it should go in the "Not an Issue" section, I don't know, I've never really been in the bugs section before. If so, please let me know and I'll move it.

Anyway, the point of this is that if you get two Honorary Rings of Sune, (the priest ring) you can equip them both. If this is intentional then it's completely fine, I won't complain, but since you can't equip two Evermemory's, then it seems a little odd to equip multiples of these. I know you can't use multiple Evermemory's because of the way the spellbook interface works, but it still seems strange to allow one and not the other. If this isn't perceived as a bug, however, then cool. My cleric\ranger will continue to outcast any other priest.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The impact the Ring of Sune has on the game isn't nearly as big as the ring of Evermemory. Having two Rings of Sune isn't that game breaking, it's like having two rings of fire resistance.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Elrandir said:

This isn't a serious issue, so perhaps it should go in the "Not an Issue" section, I don't know, I've never really been in the bugs section before.

Looks more like a feature request for me. But you can't legally get two of these items in the game like you can with Evermemory, that's probably why, and also because they aren't as powerful as other rings.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited March 2014
    It's certainly NOT a feature request! I like my cleric\ranger with 8 1st level spells! =p

And that said, I didn't actually console in a second one. I imported the character back to the start and beat Mulahey. I grabbed the ring and, laughing to myself, said what if? And put it on. And it let me. So legally isn't quite the term I'd use, but I can see your point. (I also forget about the second Evermemory, since I rarely have two mages.)

Edit: Also, I didn't really think it was game breaking, but thought that it might have been an unthought of possibility.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Elrandir said:

It's certainly NOT a feature request! I like my cleric\ranger with 8 1st level spells! =p

Oh, don't worry, I also like being Over powered, but when it comes to bugs you have to report them as a beta tester (or you should at least).
    Elrandir said:

And that said, I didn't actually console in a second one. I imported the character back to the start and beat Mulahey. I grabbed the ring and, laughing to myself, said what if? And put it on. And it let me. So legally isn't quite the term I'd use, but I can see your point. (I also forget about the second Evermemory, since I rarely have two mages.)

Ah, I don't consider that legal, please don't feel offended (I've done this many times anyway what I say :P). Still I think that it has to be decided on what to do, I don't know if there are two Rings Lore-wise talking in the Realms.
    Elrandir said:

Edit: Also, I didn't really think it was game breaking, but thought that it might have been an unthought of possibility.

Clerics get an insane amount of spells naturally, extra spellslots for them would only be OP if they are from level 5.
    I'm not a beta tester, though. =p At least I didn't know I was. Wait, is this section reserved for bugs about the next version that's coming out? Oops... I'm just talking about something I found in the current version. v1.2.2031. It said v1.2, so I assumed. And I'm not offended at all. I totally understand your point.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Elrandir, what @CrevsDaak‌ means is that bug reports can only be sent to the bug tracker by beta testers. Everyone is free to report bugs on the forum.

I've reported it as #7614. :-)
    @Troodon80‌ Ahhh. Ok. Thanks for explaining. And thanks for reporting it for me. =)