Skip to content

A good-news Bad news situation *spoilers for Murder in Baldur's Gate*

BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
on a whim I did a bit of reading up on FR lore today and came across something utterly terrifying and horrid, and yet wonderful. First the bad news. The BG novels and PnP adventure Murder in Baldur's Gate are cannon. So weepy, over powered bad fan fiction Abdel is cannon. Thee good news? The bad ending of Murder in Baldur's Gate is also cannon.

Abdel is murdered by Viekang, turns into the slayer, starts rampageing around the city and is in turn killed by the PC's of the adventure.

The best news? All the Bhaalspawn are dead, all of Bhaal's essance has returned to the throne which means as of D&D next: Bhaal's back!

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bhaal

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    I wasn't aware Mr. Adrian was artillery.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    @Loub cannon as in canonical to the FR timeline.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Baxyratty said:

@Loub cannon as in canonical to the FR timeline.

I think the word you're looking for is canon (1 "n"). It's kind of funny that you appropriately used 1 "n" in "canonical" though.
    @TJ_Hooker‌ ah thank you. i stand corrected
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Was Abdel really overpowered? Compared to any other CHARNAME, that is. Seriously? I mean, he did stab a guy with a blunt object, but that seems like pretty standard Murder-Chi usage to me. I mean, my CHARNAME once hit an adamantium golem so hard that the thing turned into gory chunks of flesh. Sounds to me like Abdel is just regularpowered, if not underpowered.
    i think everyone is missing the point though, bhaal is back!
    Yes, yes, kill a bunch of people, blah blah blah, hail Bhaal.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    The only good thing to come out of the BG novels and Murder in Baldur's Gate. Abdel Adrian was killed off. He is gone forever! Woo!

Or at least until they decide to bring him back. For shits and giggles of course.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Meh, I can think of more interesting dead gods than Bhaal that deserve a "comeback". Myrkul, Moander, Bwimb, Maztica, and any of the Untheric pantheons are great examples for this.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

Meh, I can think of more interesting dead gods than Bhaal that deserve a "comeback". Myrkul, Moander, Bwimb, Maztica, and any of the Untheric pantheons are great examples for this.

Moander's gate doesn't sound very exciting...

Then again had someone told me about Baldur's Gate when it was in development i would probably have raised an eyebrow there as well.

Maztica's fist! I'm all for that one.

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471

Amaunator came back in 4e.

And, if NWN2 is canon, Myrkul was completely erased by the Kalach-cha, either by being devoured or lain to eternal rest.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    To me this is all bad news.
    Loub said:

Amaunator came back in 4e.

And, if NWN2 is canon, Myrkul was completely erased by the Kalach-cha, either by being devoured or lain to eternal rest.

I believe Myrkul still exists in the Crown of Thorns, actually.