Skip to content

Heavy Armor AND Thief Abilities At The Same Time? Possible???

XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
I was wondering if someone could post a .2DA that allowed thieves with Use Any Item, or Fighter/Thieves to use heavy armor while using stealth, for, say, a shadowdancer using the "Heavy Unit" item from EEKeeper? If you could, that'd be great, thanks!

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    Actually, to make Thief skills unusable, there is an effect called Disable Button, #144 (used once for Stealth and another time for the Thieving Skills button), so if you delete it you can use thieving skills with heavy armor, but it will either require editing (or WeiDU patching) all those armors.
    I don't know how could I create a new 2DA that works to do this, it might require more than I know, plus I haven't tried, but I can edit (some of) the armors if you want.
    BTW: your username is amazing :)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Xzanah - It's not controlled by a 2DA file. Disabling thief abilities is an equipped effect in medium and heavy armors. So, you'd have to edit a piece of armor's .ITM file to remove the effect.

There is a component of the BG2 Tweaks mod that allows thieving and stealth in heavy armors, with penalties as per PnP.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    If Item Revisions ever gets updated (fingers crossed) I'm pretty sure there's a component there which allows thieving in heavy armor without penalties, if that's what you want.

Praying it gets updated. It's one of my favorite balance mods.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I'm aware it exists, but the PnP penalties to thieving abilities are so high that personally it puts me off using heavy armor while thieving regardless. AFAIK only Item Revisions gives the option to do it without penalties, albeit it is considered a 'cheat'. OP mentioned that he would like to stealth while wearing heavy armor, which is still very difficult to do under PnP conditions.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    Oh, sorry, guys, I forgot to mention I'm using a jailbroken ipad... Could someone send me the .ITM file for the "Heavy Unit"?
    edited March 2014
    @Xzanah here I've edited the file and zipped it, I also removed the Disallow Spellcasting Abilities #145 effect from it. I didn't apply any type of penalties since I don't know if you want them. Just drop it in the override folder inside the game.
    Thanks! :D lemme see if it works!
    Yay it works!
    Xzanah said:

Thanks! :D

Your welcome!
    Xzanah said:

Yay it works!

;D