Skip to content

New Game +

I have NEVER done this... in the whole 16 years I've played BG1 & BG2. Take the character after finishing the game and starting a new game using that character with the levels and equipment he gain from the previous run. I'm so tempted now. But am curious if this was common amongst other players?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited March 2014
    Shandyr said:

I think Icewind Dale is more suited for that idea.

You can't reach the highest levels there on normal difficulty. But you can start a new game with your old party from the previous game and set difficulty on heart of fury so that you still have a challenge.

Or Diablo, or any game that's actually designed to level up as your characters level up, and encourage a "grind for loot" mechanic.
    Shandyr said:

Omg I can see my post here, too!

Am I expelled from the spambot hunter thread only?

Looks like your success has triggered an SCS module specifically targetting yourself. Your attacks are totally ineffective until you discover some way of penetrating the defense. I would guess it's some sort of illusionary spell.

@Jalily‌ said she can see your messages on that thread. I still cannot, and I've checked on three platforms- PC, Ipad and Iphone.
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    It depends on your class actually. Ive had games where ive had character and items exported and STILL had difficulties through the game. Obviously it depends entirely on the class.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I used to do it when BG1 first came out in 1998, back when I was a kid. I thought I was being really clever, but then I realised I'd taken most of the fun out of the game.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I used to do this as a kid, and I think it was common to get the gear from the tutorial in candelkeep, and import the character just for the loot.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited March 2014
    You could try it with @Tisamon's Heart of Fury emulator .

It doesn't work for me for BG1EE, but it does for BG2EE though I don't know why. You could give it a try and see if it works for you.