Skip to content

Who do you love?

124»

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @Rapscallion I have to agree 100% Aerie was very loving and cared alot about pc, but she had been hurt very very badly. It was only natural for her to worry all the time and doubt herself because she no longer felt like a person. Think about it, losing your wings is closest to losing your ability to walk. Only much more so, and since she had horrible scars on her back, how could anyone ever love her/care about her as a woman?

I love aerie, and once you get him to see that she's a wonderful loving person and she opens up to you, heh, well, i wouldn't trade her for anyone. Viconia was nice but as i've said before, she's more of a passionate fling then a long term relationship. But to those that could make it work, go on with your bad self. Jaheria ......well, as the dr would say, tell me about your mother? *shivers*
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2012
    My party nicknamed Aerie 'Stumpy' on account she got her winged clumped off in the circus.

---Mind you, this was a neutral evil party. ;)
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @EpitomyofShyness Did you notice on the new player descriptions that it only mentions the wild mage being a romanceable character? I'd love to escape Anomen's whining, but it doesn't look like that'll be a possibility. :(
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    @jhart1018

I read somewhere that they were all possible romance options. Can't remember where though.
    I hope you're right, but in the game page where it lists the bullet points of what you get with each character, Neera is the only one mentioned as romanceable.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    jhart1018 said:

I hope you're right, but in the game page where it lists the bullet points of what you get with each character, Neera is the only one mentioned as romanceable.

Trent Oster confirmed that Dorn, Rasaad and Neera are all romance options. He also hinted one of them might be accessible to PCs of the same gender, which... good for them, really. That's not a very common sight in D&D. :)

Woohoo!! I like choices! :D
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    shawne said:

Trent Oster confirmed that Dorn, Rasaad and Neera are all romance options. He also hinted one of them might be accessible to PCs of the same gender, which... good for them, really. That's not a very common sight in D&D. :)

About time for some S/S romances in a D&D game. I know my friend will be over the moon if this is true. :)
  • MinscaMinsca Member Posts: 2
    I love Edwin...too bad he is not officially romancable. But well ehh mods ^_^...
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2012
    Minsca said:

I love Edwin...too bad he is not officially romancable. But well ehh mods ^_^...

If you accept what a modder writes as if it was Edwin saying why don't you just imagine he's saying what you want him to say to you? Point is, its not Edwin, it's some fan out there writing something he is not. how can that satisfy anyone? I can't understand. New npcs I can understand, still it's no different from some (bad?) fanfictions out there.
  • MinscaMinsca Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    @Razor

Sorry for my english but want to explain myself better :)…tho am more of the lurker on the forums...

My love for Edwin is based how Bioware made him not based on mods how they made him. I did not accept everything what modder writers did in the mod. It made me faceplam few times and some things are ooc, bad fanfiction as you say and I agree abit there with you but...

It is just a mod (Maybe abit of "squee girl" mod but I don't mind xD ) which I choose and install by my will and it made me laugh and I had fun with it and there were some GOOD, INTERESTING things in it. I know IT IS NOT Edwin. It does not kill game to me since I played it so many times just like others. Anything new and fresh in this game after years and years is good especially romance for A GIRL CHAR and that is not freaking Anomen. I play game as I would like to and along the way I like to have more choices... anyway It is just ok mod who prolongs game for me and have reason to go back to it and play again.

Behind it are people who gave their free time and creativity and love for making it aviable to people like me who does not know anything about modding and other necessary skills.
    Do not worry I imagine on my own aswell but I am more of person who likes to see how others see things, what they make and try their things...

Ok now back to the main thing... I was questioning many times myself during the play; Hey how REAL Bioware Edwin would react, what he would say, would these things really happen maybe? Would his romance story would go this way or that way? First thing which I asked myself before playing the mod was: If romancing Edwin is possible at all actually?( I did not play other romance mods btw but kinda was reading dialogue scripts... maybe this could same apply for others aswell, we are kinda all familiar with terrible lack of romances for girls in the game and some of them got CUT, maybe Edwin got cut off aswell, who knows?). And I think mods like this can give some good ideas to the devs...

The point is: Silly mod made me thinking. Edwin has actually potential as a romance to be made as one (in my opinion). Now why they did not make him as a romance it is their business and choice but it is probably because it is part of his char and I am ok with it but... If you can romance evil biotch Viconia why not evil mad wizard? (Viconia could aswell not be made as a romance in the game)
    And does not need either to be long full romance but short, crazy and chaotic with a twist like he is :D. Maybe it would blow the borders of what we get nowadays. I am abit bored with nowadays Bioware romances. And I do not want that Beamdog follows their romances. Everything perfect nina nana I love you forever cheesy, goody, mostly predictable stuffs, not very creative for me.

Now fortunately we get new chars :) and I am seeing we will get some evil ones who are romancable. Wonder if they will beat Edwin. Tho I got attached to him trough all these years lool...(do not freak out just Edwin is my favourite char like from a book or movie) and open my mind to new chars accept them and try them...

Mod actually satisfied me... no like I would get to be satisfied but it fullfilled that some romance hole (jeez this sounded so...lol) which I was having in the game trough all these years. And I rly had great fun imaging how their adventure was after the TOB when char refused the offer...made me thinking about the game for the next years so much that I do not forget to check if there will be any BG3 :P (that is how I actually discovered BG:EE)

I hope you understand better now and that I answered on your questions...
    Post edited by Minsca on
  • whitewolfwhitewolf Member Posts: 12
    I loved Xan's mod as a female both paths (bonded and not), I have tried a few others such as Kelsey who I thought was a bit a a petty jerk and despite not particularly liking Anomen I felt bad for him with all of Kelsey's comments.

I mosty play as a female character I have played male and prefered Viconia... and I am now curious to try out the Imoen mod.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    shawne said:

jhart1018 said:

Please be Rasaad, please be Rasaad. *fingers crossed*
  • Dannen6272Dannen6272 Member Posts: 28
    Who am I in love with ? Someone I shouldn't be, but since you mean in the game I'll answer in that context instead. Jaheira was my typical romantic choice.
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    Viconia all the way. Jaheira was too high maintenance with removing that nasty curse and all.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Please be Rasaad, please be Rasaad. *fingers crossed*

I'm actually hoping that it's Dorn, just for the novelty of saying my party includes a bisexual half-orc blackguard. :)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    viconia was best written in my opinion so i usually go with her. jaheira was meh, anomen was interesting (though undeveloped) as CN, and i dislike aerie just like some people dislike khalid here. i found viconia/aerie conflict hilarious, with bird metafors and such. :)

i do not like npc mods much since it's hard to find one that will integrate fully and well but i do like edwin mod. it's would require some cleanup and less elaborate responses at times, but still.

i also hope rashaad is the one. dorn would be interesting i guess, but i dont play evil parties and a blackguard would be hard to integrate :/ ah well, we'll see i guess. if nothing else, i hope developers will make voiced lines neutral enough to easily mod textt dialogue and starting variable :)