Skip to content

BG2-Adding option buy independence for our thieves guild !

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited June 2013 in Feature Requests
Ours own thieves guild in BG2 is very profitable business, but necessity coming back every week is simply annoying. It´s Ok when we must coming back to assign missions but is unlogical paying fee every week and then going overseas and spend who know how much weeks in underdark. When we are away, fee are stoped ( Huh ? ). This system is little bit confusing. It will be much more logical add option buy independence for our thieves guild ( something like 15 000 - 20 000 G [ it can be even more, nobody have problem with gold in BG2 :D ] ) and then dont pay any fee ( but we will still must coming back assign missions and collect earnings ).
  1. BG2 - Adding option buy independence for our thieves guild !72 votes
    1. Yes !
      70.83%
    2. No !
      11.11%
    3. Hamster power !
      18.06%

Comments

• TiaxxxTiaxxx Member Posts: 15
    That is great idea !
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Considering that you can easily beat the entire saga before you collect payment once...I don't really see a point. Hell, strongholds weren't very well thought out in general, IMO. It ultimately comes down to needing to just sit and spam rest for weeks to even see all the events, when you could've beaten the game, and all other non-time sensitive side quests, days after leaving the prelude.
  • ShevandraShevandra Member Posts: 6
    I absolutely agree.
    Thieves guild is only stronghold with this annoying responsibility.
    This should be change !
    ( It also fit to story, thieves need gold to fight with "that other guild". They surely sacrifice one small cell to ged more resources )
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    I realy like seeing how one-sided this voting is.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Dont you get awarded like 10,000 gold after you killed Ma'Vear? Instead of giving you the gold, the guy should give you the thief guild for free.
    Hmm, 10,000 is maybe little low price, but your point is well made.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    ... let the 10.000 gold there, it's useful and i don't want to work a guild for a year to get that. I'm a thief and i like the easy life!
    On second though, we can farm gold with any strongholds anyway.
    Maybe is 10,000 realy appropriate price.
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2013
    I couldn't agree on it as a realistic choice. It doesn't make since for him to sell off a faction of the thieves guild to you, not to mention the practicality of two thieves guilds working under the same city without conflict. We know it's profitable so why would he sell it off just for a one-time financial benefit. If anything, the option to declare war against the ruling thieves guild so you can splinter off is more realistic. And more enthralling storyboard. In fact, that sounds like an excellent mod request to me.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Contract!

Enough said. Even thought your proposition is cool.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    It just doesn't make sense. Unless you up-sticks and move to Trademeet or something.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Very good idea. I hate having to come back every week. At least let me employ someone to automate the payments.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Keep in mind the thieves guild earns 1725 every 6 days (fees due every 7th), most of the time......that's a huge amount of money, you'd likely have to offer 100-200k for that kind of thing, and they'd still charge you a cut for practicing in their city.

And they didn't GIVE you the thieves guild, they hire you to manage it for them. Though I do agree, since you have to go collect your money anyway, just have your steward take the guild's cut out of the funds automatically wouldn't hurt anything.
    Biggest problem is necessity coming back every week.

What about apply tax to earnings instead weekly tax?
    Then tax will be from gold what we really make.

e.g.
    earnings are 1725 G
    tax is 50 %
    profit is 862 G
  • olaponolapon Member Posts: 10
    10,000 is realy
  • ValendaleValendale Member Posts: 34
    Minsc is insane, hamsters have no power...

*the rest of this comment censored by the space hamster anti-discrimination committee*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    Yea I'm playing with a thief at the moment and the whole having to pay dues is kind of a pain. At the very least it would have been nice if you could auto-pay it instead of having to go all the way to the docks to pay it. Anyways, I like the idea of an independent guild as well so I figured I'd give the thread a bump (even if they can't change original content).
    edited March 2014
    @elminster
    Thank you for revival my post :-)
  • FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21
    I lost my guildhall because I was otherwise engaged in slaying a dragon. Never noticed the whole pay rent every five days m'larky before hand, is this new to EE? After that I tried figuring out a way to acquire a new stronghold. I'm guessing that would require EEkeeper and editing variables? I just want a place to call home.

Also, would be nice if you could pay automatically or only had to ensure your guildhouse had enough coins in their coffers once every five days. That way you could dump some coins there and head off on a long adventure without having to worry about it. I mean what does your lieutenant actually do?