Skip to content

Diablo III

2»

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @elminster‌

I assume you mean something like this?

http://www.diablothehell.narod.ru/main.html

I can't play D1 now without this mod. It's stupid hard, but adds so much to the game. I had a LAN party with this mod. I was a paladin, brother was the wizard, friend was a scout, other friend was a monk. Best. Diablo. Experience. Ever.

/nerdgasam
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Due to me being Diablo fan, I just have to share this here. It contains a few seconds from the final boss battle, so it's a little spoiler, even thought nobody cares for plot in Diablo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juT-1ew-ffc
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @ZelgadisGW‌
    I would honestly be surprised if _just_ Malthael was the final boss. I'm thinking he's probably going to be possessed by Mephisto or something.
  • FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21
    Haven't actually powered up my console in awhile but may give it a go just to see what the new content is like. Only thing that annoyed me about D3 is that my player would never find anything decent whilst the other two people I played with were dropping legendary's out of their arse and storing them in the chest.

I liked D3 and kept me occupied for a time but I found it boring after awhile. Is the crusader class worth another attempt at the game? My problem is I tend to spend money on games just so I have everything and then not even play it.
  • FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21
    Haven't actually powered up my console in awhile but may give it a go just to see what the new content is like. Only thing that annoyed me about D3 is that my player would never find anything decent whilst the other two people I played with were dropping legendary's out of their arse and storing them in the chest.

I liked D3 and kept me occupied for a time but I found it boring after awhile. Is the crusader class worth another attempt at the game? My problem is I tend to spend money on games just so I have everything and then not even play it.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Both my retailer and post service have failed me, where is my Reaper of Souls! I was promised a delivery on release date! Now I'll have to study, or do something productive. Ugh.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    So has anyone played ROS? how is it? i've heard positive things so far.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Finally got it yesterday, after it making a brief visit at my previous address from two years ago.

Started a new game with a crusader, and am currently in second act, so can't really comment on anything except the crusader. The class seems fun to play, combining close combat with ranged. One problem would be that some of the skills seem a bit too samey. Need to play further (only lvl 25 ATM) to confirm. The crusader looks nice, and has a good voice set.
    edited March 2014
    Qbert said:

So has anyone played ROS? how is it? i've heard positive things so far.

And no wonder, thought I in this post I'll write about some negatives as well. I'll focus now on only RoS content, I'm not going to talk about patch 2.0, because I've already wrote about it.

For starters, what I like about RoS:

First, Act V. It's done much better than previous acts. It's darker, it has interesting envoirments (Westmarch, Blood Marsh and the Pandemonium) and has more events and cursed chest then the other acts do. Bosses introducted in act V are, in my opinion, more challenging than the previous bosses. The plot is told in slightly more involving way, but still, nothing too spectacular.

Second, the Adventure Mode. It's fun and rewarding. Basically it is a plotless "go anywhere, slay anything" mode with bounties that are worth doing. It's simillar to Diablo 2, where you could travel where you want and kill anything you want, and this game mode also adds some variety.

Thrid, the Mistic. That woman is wonderful addition. Aside from being uselful (changing the appearance of you gear and enchanting it) she has quite likeable personality to me. Her personality is not something I would expect from a seer.

Now, about the Crusader. To be honest, I can't really say much about this guy, since my only crusader (named Barrosh) is only level 25, so I couldn't test all the skills and runes. At first he plays like Barbarian, but after some time he gets his own feeling.

But there are also some things I didn't particulary like, but many of those are tied to my expecations:

- The ending. I have expect more from it, really. I like where things regarding my Wizard were going, as it leaves some potential for second expansion, but there is one Diablo important plot element that I would like to see expanded. But no! Why? Because second expansion (probably). And that is (spoiler from the final boss battle):
    Malthael has destroyed the Black Soulstone, then absorbed Diablo's soul into himself. Then, after being killed, it was stated that Diablo was freed in the process. But nothing more. And that's infuriating, I don't know if big D is raging somewhere right now, was sent back to the Abyss or anything like that...

- While I'm glad that Act V bosses are cool and more challenging, I would like for Blizzard to actually make previous bosses also challenging and interesting. Seriously, I want Diablo to kick ass as much as Malthael did.

-Same with the storytelling, new side-events and such in Story Mode. They had the opportunity to improve it, and yet, they didn't.

- The Crusader is crealy Josh Mosqueira's favourite class. All of Crusader's legendary class-items have build-changing properties, while legendary-class items for other classes have not (not all, I mean. In fact I doubt even half has build-changing affixes). Because of this, it feels like the Crusader is favored, just like the Paladin from D2 was and still is. It angers me.

- They didn't do anything about PvP. I know that Diablo is the game balanced for PvE/PvM and I don't have any particular interest in PvP, but I wish that people who do would just shut up. For that, good PvP system is required. And it's still missing.

That's all from me. Maybe aside from sharing Malthael's in-game theme:
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Nice write-up Zelgadis. not unexpected good and bad points. Is the music any better?
    Qbert said:

Nice write-up Zelgadis. not unexpected good and bad points. Is the music any better?

Check out Malthael's theme in my previous post :). New music is better but old tracks were not changed at all.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Gotta to necrobump this;) So after a year or so of not playing diablo 3, I was curious about new patch 2.1.2. With the smart loot feature and this patch, I felt like it is finally good time for me to go after Hellfire Amulet (Infernal machine event). I expected at least few weeks of hard grind, bcs I'm still playing Torment 1. Well, after measly 2 days (a few hours daily) I got all the ingredients from uberbosses and crafted my amulet. Got fanaticism for my crusader, which is actually one of better passives. Made a few tweaks to my build and now I can do Torment 3. Still long way to go, not happy with my helmet, primary, belt, chestpiece, wristguards... actually only one really good thing I have is the gauntlets from akarat champion set;) Considering I'm nowhere with equipment yet, it is refreshing I can now do safely T3 instead of endlessly grinding T1.