Skip to content

Fluence of walking movement

julianobrjulianobr Member Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'm sorry for my bad english. Is it possible to make the walking of characters more fluent? I don't like the movement of fast characters, like monks. Because at each time the character is rendered he is much more far than he was before. I don't mean adding more frames on the animation itself, since it was been anounced that there will be no modifications on the original sprites. But It would help to have more position updates on screen to make the animation look better, even if it's the same base frame as the last rendering. Just like Chrono Trigger, for snes. The movement is fluent when the character run, even if there few animation frames. Sorry if the request sound dumb or I didn't made it clearly.

Comments

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    So essentially the game should run 60 frames per second and characters should move forward continuously even if the frame in their animation does not change between the rendered frames.
  • julianobrjulianobr Member Posts: 2
    Well, yes. But they would not move forward continously, just be rendered even if there is no change to render. If only there's a way to do this only if the object is moving... but I think the fps is for the entire screen. In reality, there was an option for this in BG2. You could ajust the game to run in more FPS. I don't remember if the game actually has double speed or not at 60 fps. But I remember the sprites animation ran much faster. It could be an option for people with faster computers to run the game with more FPS, but it would not accelerate the animation speed like in BG2 (or the game speed if it was the case, it would be another option). The default fps would be 30 fps, like before, but could be ajusted for a greater limit without affect the game speed or the animation speed, just for smootheness when things move.