Skip to content

Nordic-Celtic based party

I am interested in forming a group including a barbarian, berserker, skald, etc) to take through the saga. I have not decided what alignment (good, neutral, evil) to play yet. Anyone interested?

Comments

• KarashiKarashi Member Posts: 38
    I may be interested in playing. I would prob want to play a berseker=>thief dual if thats okay. I usually play a chaotic neutral alignment myself but i dont mind what alignment others are so long as things stay interesting. Let me know when you decide to get things going.
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Neutral sounds ideal for our party. I may play a skald. No idea how I will build him yet...
    Sounds Great, so how often are you looking to play and what times are you avail? I can be avail Sun-thru from 3-9pm EST and i should be able to make any time fri and sat. Im assuming we will prob wait for a lil while and see if we can get more people but when are you thinking about getting the first game together and does my schedule work for you?
    Schedule sounds fine but until 8pm. I am in eastern time too. Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) should be free as well. Yes, we should wait for others to join.
    It does not look like anybody else wants to join. I think one or two people from the BGEE MP page on FB were interested...
    Well I am still down for whenever. I've been pretty bored for these last couple months so I'm hoping to rectify that with some bg. So whenever we can get the people, I am Game for whatever.
    I will check to see if anyone on that page can still join.
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    edited March 2014
    Hello!

I might be interested.

@Nvm Different timezone will be too problematic, at least for me.
  • KayeldynKayeldyn Member Posts: 12
    I just want someone to play with. So I'm prepared if you would like another sword to join you on your journey.
    I am thinking about being a skald, LN or TN. No idea on what weapons to start out with. @Kayeldyn perhaps you would like to play a barbarian?
    Is hamachi any good? I have never used it before but am thinking about using it since I would like to have more than one adventuring companion with me this time.
    I can do that. I would love to start playing as soon as possible. Hamachi is what I use to use to play this game and a few others. It's not bad, but do you need it with EE?
    I have used the beamdog client which seems to only let me have one other player (if another player joins then the previous player gets disconnected).
    Weird. Hamachi might fix your problem. Have you tested it?
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    I have not tried multiplayer yet but I would like to join a regular group. I am in the eastern US time zone and would be available most evenings around 8-midnight. I would like to play a magic user, LN would be fine.
    I have not tested hamachi yet (I have never used it before). @Cygnus magic user sounds good to me. What kind do you have in mind?
    Well, the first thing I would do is test Hamachi to see if you can play with people without kicking them. Does EE's built in multiplayer not work for you at all?
    I just installed hamachi, not sure what to do next. It is running I guess. I can go online with EE but I have never been able to keep more than one or two people with me (two is rare).
    Have you tested it with another person hosting? As for Hamachi, just get a few people together and give them your created client info. (Name and IP) Have them connect to Hamachi, give them your game info hosted on lan. They should be able to join through the lan connection created through Hamachi.
    Wandering_MinstrelCrevsDaak
    Human MU, no multi-class. Either enchanter or evoker, haven't decided.
    I have another person who is going to be an avenger. My skald is TN (might EEKeeper it to LN, not sure) and * in crossbow and halberd (might use something else instead of a halberd).
    You suggested I play a barbarian. I will be honest in that I have never played one. I am usually a rogue or magic user. I can play fighters and a cleric as well if we need the support, which I'm sure we will. I can play barbarian if you are looking for a certain feel of course. Are we going to role play?
    We shall role play as best as we can. I have never played a skald before either.
    Alright then. So we have a Skald, a magic user, and a Barbarian. We could really use a cleric of some sort.
    Since we are roleplaying I must forbid scimitars, wakizashis, ninjatos and katanas. Since we are playing a neutral party then I shall ask someone to play a cleric of Helm.
    Kayeldyn
    A skald is a bard, right? Will that be enough trap/lock skills for the group?

I like the idea of roleplaying. I would also like to throw out there that we try to avoid metagaming. I'm sure we are all very familiar with the game and the settings, but let's try to pretend that we don't already know what is around every corner.
    So how does it work in multiplayer? I am assuming we will all meet in Candlekeep at level 1 with no equipment and just a little money, and we roll up our first level characters together on the first day. Is that how it works?
    We will start in front of the Candlekeep Inn I believe. With a shared pool of gold based on what our classes start with. Story continues as usual from there.
  • AsyrielAsyriel Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2014
    I would like to join you gentlemen if it is not too late to do so. I would gladly play the role of a Cleric if you still need one.
    @Asyriel yes, that would be nice.

I installed hamachi or whatever it's called and clicked on create a new network. I still have no idea how to play BGEE via hamachi or get others to use it. Should I mention that I have some modifications done to the games? I removed the xp cap for both 1 and 2 (I advise against leveling past 40 since yoru APR will go down and spellcasters will lose spells). I also have rogue rebalancing, some aTweaks functions active, original (and better) movies for BG1EE and the wizard slayer rebalancing mod.