Skip to content

BG:EE New RP Game Starting Tomorrow Night!

AsyrielAsyriel Member Posts: 17
A good friend of mine is getting BG:EE tomorrow and would like to play multiplayer. We're going to be utilizing Hamachi for stability purposes. We're not using any sort of theme for our characters, so if you want to join us you can play pretty much whoever you want. I would prefer if we all had similar alignments, and we didn't end up all being Half-Orc Barbarians somehow. Haha. Let me know if you would like to join our game!

Comments

• CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    I am interested! What would the schedule be?
  • AsyrielAsyriel Member Posts: 17
    We haven't decided yet. But we could probably play most weekends, and our hours on the weekends are very flexible. We will probably just have to conform with everyone's schedules.
  • VorschesVorsches Member Posts: 23
    I would be interested in joining you. Hopefully your freind will have a positive first impression!
    I'm sure he will! He used to play a lot of D&D when he was in highschool so it should be a good time, as long as the game setup goes well.

I will make a post tomorrow at around noon with more details concerning the time we're going to officially start.
  • CrinitusCrinitus Member Posts: 5
    I´d like to join aswell, (located in europe)
    @Vorsches‌
    @Crinitus
    @Cygnus

We plan on starting our game tonight at 6PM EST, US Time. We will play for as long as the majority of the team can remain playing. Maybe until 10PM or later, depending. We can make this a weekly game, possibly one or two additional sessions throughout the week if we decide to.

Needed to play:
    Hamachi Client - Free Virtual LAN software used for stable connections within BG:EE
    Mumble - Free voice and text chat client for out-of-game communication purposes. Voice preferred but not mandatory
    New Character - No imported characters please. We would like everyone to start at Level 1.
    No Mods - Vanilla Mode
    Roleplay - To the best of our abilities, we intend to roleplay as our characters while in-game.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them. Thanks and I hope to see you all tonight!
    Sorry but too early for me. I would barely even be home from work by then and it is dinner time. Too much RL going on during the day for me to play computer games, even on weekends. My availability is 8PM-midnight.
  • DJUptonDJUpton Member Posts: 20
    I'm for sure ready to play to if you'll have me.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Damn, 6PM est is 1PM my time, I'll still be at work :( Looks fun though, and I'm sad to miss it.
  • SwatibuhgottiSwatibuhgotti Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. I am the friend joining this amazing game. I will see if Asyriel will be willing to push the time back a little later as well. I would also like to eat dinner with my wife when she gets home from work. 8PM could very well be possible but let me check back with you guys here in a couple of hours. Look forward to starting our journey!
    edited March 2014
    I can make any time as of now.
    edited March 2014
    I am downloading mumble now, I also have skype as an alternative.
    Post edited by Vorsches on
    Alright, so 6PM is a no-go then. 8PM would also be fine with me, haha. Any other schedule arrangements we need to work around? I'm pretty flexible. So is @Swatibuhgotti .
    8 is fine for me!
    OK I'll download Hamachi and Mumble when I get home in about an hour. I have no microphone so it's just text chat for me.

My first choice is to play a magic user. Whoever ends up as the party leader should probably be a pally or some other high CHA fighter.
    I was going to lead as a Cleric. If we all play as the same Alignment will a fight still possibly break out between us?
    edited March 2014
    I was thinking of cleric/Druid or thief depending on the party composition. I will fill whatever role is missing though.

Edit: Disregard what I said previously, I didn't see your post at first Asyriel!
    I will fill any missing role in the party, I have experience with most classes.
    If nobody else is going to play fighter ill be a beserker or barbarian. If somebody is ill be a ranger archer. You're going to have to tell us info on how to join your game and chat though.
    Scratch that Mumble idea, we're just going to use Skype instead. Mumble is a pain in the butt to setup and get functioning.
    Alright what's your slype?
    @DJUpton I sent it to you.
    Will we decide alignment on the character generation?
    I'm saying Neutral.
    OK I installed Skype and Hamachi. I have to say I already hate Hamachi since it put itself into my startup folder and installed a bunch of crap along with it even though I unchecked every box that I saw. Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't be worried about PC security when this program is running?
    It's just a VPN Tunnel. You'll be fine. You antivirus and antispyware programs will still work fine. And I don't think any of us will try to hack you, lol.
    Anyways, delete Hamachi too. @swatibuhgotti couldn't get it to work. I'm just going to setup a direct server for us. No worries :)
    Should we dress a list picked classes?
    ok I'm ready
  • CrinitusCrinitus Member Posts: 5
    Also ready skypename: Crinitusdk
    mrbill175