Skip to content

Calm all Ust Natha Drow?

Long story short, summing up a previous post I made, either I goofed or there's a bug and all the Drow in Ust Natha have gone hostile. I would very much like to reset that variable and make them all neutral without having to CLUA code them one by one. Anyone know how to make a universal change like this? maybe with a script?

Thanks!

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Once they are hostile, a simple variable change will not help. You will need a script of some sort. Find all the NPC codes from that location and set them all to neutral. I could do that, but it would take a day or two, perhaps, to do and test to ensure it is working as intended.
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    Troodon80 said:

Once they are hostile, a simple variable change will not help. You will need a script of some sort. Find all the NPC codes from that location and set them all to neutral. I could do that, but it would take a day or two, perhaps, to do and test to ensure it is working as intended.

That seems a little too involved to ask someone to do! :-) The only other suggestion I have received is to fight my way out, return the eggs to Adalon and just add the quest XP that I would have received, otherwise. Not as fun, but…. I suspect this is a bug, as I was hidden in the treasury when everyone went evil.

Thanks for the offer, though!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There is a timer, if you don't complete the drow missions within the time limit they all go hostile.

Not a problem.

Kill them.

Kill them ALL!
    elminsterjackjackTroodon80CrevsDaak
    Fardragon said:

There is a timer, if you don't complete the drow missions within the time limit they all go hostile.

Not a problem.

Kill them.

Kill them ALL!

LOL!
    It was definitely not a time issue. I guess I have no choice!
  • icehakuicehaku Member Posts: 13
    This is not a bug. The drow DO turn hostile if you don't exit the city asap as soon you get adalon's eggs back. The timer is exceedingly short as well.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    If it's just not wanting to simulate the quest xp that's bothering you I'm sure you could edit the quest progress with a few choice clicks in EEKeeper.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Fardragon said:

Not a problem.

Kill them.

Kill them ALL!

And do that with SCS umproved Ust Natha so they stand agaibst you a little.
    jackjack
    icehaku said:

This is not a bug. The drow DO turn hostile if you don't exit the city asap as soon you get adalon's eggs back. The timer is exceedingly short as well.

There's a whole section of the quest that involves switching out fake eggs, allying with Solaufein and fooling Phaere that I can't do, once everyone's gone hostile. I know it was not tripped by the timer. Also, the guards in the immediate vicinity should be hostile, but not every Drow in the city.

enqenq said:

If it's just not wanting to simulate the quest xp that's bothering you I'm sure you could edit the quest progress with a few choice clicks in EEKeeper.

I'm going to try using a script that someone wrote for me when I accidentally made Cromwell angry and see if I can re-write it to calm Phaere, Solaufein, and Mother Ardulace. That should allow me to complete the quest.