Skip to content

Fans of the Forgotten realms books anyone?

HrafnHrafn Member Posts: 20
Don't know if this topic already exists or not, but are there any people around here who also enjoy the books about the realms? Have you read the book about Baldur's Gate? (I hear it's quite a disapointment unfortunately...) Personally I'm a big fan of Salvatore and Troy Denning, I have to (shamefully) admit that I haven't finished a book by Ed Greenwood just yet.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HrafnHrafn Member Posts: 20
    Aha! So, do you regard all the books that Salvatore wrote are in that 'easy' style? Or just the Drizzt series? I particulary enjoyed Salvatore's cleric quintet (a book that I unfortunately have lost) and the first Drizzt books, and still am reading the Highwayman.

By Game of Thrones do you mean the actual books or the tv series? I'm not particulary fond of the latter though I have never read the books.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I am currently reading Elminster Must Die, after going thru the other Elminsters. There's also a copy of The Legend of Drizzt book 1 on my shelf (read). I really enjoyed the short stories in Realms of the Dragons and have read 2 of the Rogues-series also.

So many books to read, so little time...
  • HrafnHrafn Member Posts: 20
    I understand what you mean Shandyr, at least it became more clear. :)
    I think Ed Greenwood had the tendency to overgeneralize battles, a good battle is nice to read once in a while, but personally I don't like to read 2 pages about someone who is loading his crossbow haha, that was the impression I got from Ed's books.
    Which short stories do you refer to Sjerrie?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    'Realms of the Dragons' is a series of books (i think sofar only two?) of compiled short stories where dragons are either a major plot point or a major character. All of those are written by established Realms writers iirc.

I'm not sure how I would describe Ed Greenwood's writing style, though since he is THE creator of all that we hold dear, I find it almost an obligation (though not an unwelcome one) to read some of those works.