Skip to content

Somehow I thought the game would stop me.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2014
    Unfortunately in ToB he comes back. So you'll have to do it again.

Edit: Wait, actually, does he come back? He did in original BG2.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622

Unfortunately in ToB he comes back. So you'll have to do it again.

Edit: Wait, actually, does he come back? He did in original BG2.
    I know he comes back in ToB, though I'm curious if the game even has a flag for him being dead. I guess I'll find out!
    In BG2 vanilla he always came back. Even if you killed him. I think I Disintegrated him once. He's that good of a troll. Using MINHP1 to be unkillable is for amateurs.

BG2 Tweaks can set a flag to make him die permanently if I remember.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Indeed. I wouldn't mess with Saemon. I once had an issue where he wouldn't spawn on the docks of Brynnlaw/Spellhold in the version of him that would allow me to sound the horn and take the pirate king's ship out of there. My game would have been crashed, after I had spent weeks getting to that point.

The only way I was able to repair that run, was to learn the console use and command to spawn exactly the right version of Saemon, who had crashed in my game, to get me out of Spellhold. I could have maybe just accepted the bugged loss of the Sahuagin module, and gone to the Underdark through the Spellhold portal, but it really bugged me to contemplate being forced into a game-altering decision, and to lose a big chunk of game content, to a bug.

Saemon is a gateway character either to the Underdark, or to the Sahuagin detour, and, as such, he is bugged to hell and back. He has at least five spawn versions that I know of, and he can crash your game at any of those five spawn points.

Having been taught of the bugged, crash-your-game at the least mistake nature of Saemon, I have now learned through experience to do everything I possibly can to "assist" him to run his program.
    Ugh, don't remind me. I had a case of Saemon not leaving the Vulgar Monkey after explaining his plan, therefore when gave him the horn the dialogue between Desharik and Saemon couldn't occur because they were in different areas. I had to charm bait him out of the house to make him work.

Saemon is a true troll.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I always kill him once I use him to get to the Sahuagin city. Killing him while the githyanki and sahuagin are attacking the ship doesn't affect anything but he shows up later in ToB. He's basically 18,000 free XP.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Considering I killed him on said ship as well I seem safe enough! Man, if this was Skyrim my ass would be kicked. Thank god the maker's of this game did not plan that far ahead.