Skip to content

It's UNofficial, Baldur's Gate III has been announced!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited April 2014 in Off-Topic
Nine noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Faerun. Political and sexual intrigue is pervasive. Elminster, the famous wizard, asks his old friend Simbul, the Witch-Queen of Aglarond and one of the Seven Sisters, serve as Staff of Baldur's Gate, or highest official. Secretly warned that the previous Staff was assassinated, Simbul accepts in order to investigate further. Meanwhile the Bhaal's family, the Bhaalspawns, may be hatching a plot to take power. Across the sea, the last members of the previous and deposed ruling family, the Barrityls, are also scheming to regain the throne, under the power of Baeloth. The friction between these powers leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war and political confusion, a neglected military order of misfits, the Boo's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
KamigoroshielminsterbooinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaak[Deleted User]BGEFanaticAstroBryGuyEmpyrialTeflonDemonoid_Limewirelolien

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    RIP BG3.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Awesome! It's going to come out the very same day Dragon Ball AF is!
    JuliusBorisovDemonoid_Limewire
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Flashburn‌

Of course I do, sorry for a heartbeat.

But... there is a grain of truth in every joke and never say never;)
    booinyoureyesDemonoid_Limewire
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Slightly inspired by the Game of Thrones huh.....?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It was obvious that it was a joke. They've said that they'll patch BG2:EE and finish Adventure Y, so... BG3 will have to wait.
    EmpyrialDemonoid_Limewire
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Well played sir, well played. :-)
    AristilliusbooinyoureyesFlashburn
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Well-played. I was so caught up in the excitement of BG-III, that it took me a moment to realize and say "wait, that seems familiar." April fool's day indeed haha
    booinyoureyes
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Kinda threw me off since for me this thread was written on March 31.
    FlashburnCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Argh dammit I forgot about April Fool's Day. I was looking at this thread late last night so I totally forgot about that.

However... @Wiggles is correct so technically I haven't even been rused yet today!

APRIL FOOL'S!
    booinyoureyesTeflonlolien
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I was like AWESOME! then as I clicked the link, it clicked what day it was :)
  • BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
    and I cannot wait to have purchase it on the main website. yay
    booinyoureyes
  • illusionillusion Member Posts: 17
    I despise April 1st.
    [Deleted User]elminsterCrevsDaakjackjack
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited April 2014
    Actually I think we're on opposite sides of the world, @bengoshi. Though I have to admit, getting rused from ~12 hours in the future is some next-level April Foolery. Good job with that, lol
    jackjack
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    April the 2nd here, time to stop fooling.

This one was in the Pillars of Eternity update:

"Here at Obsidian, we know that DRM can be a touchy subject so we got together with our friends at Paradox to think of a better solution, because you know, rights need to be managed. What came out of those discussions is... the Pillars of Eternity A.R.M.

Pillars of Eternity A.R.M. (Analog Rights Management)

Much like the code wheels of old, players will be greeted with a large, glowing question rune on the title screen. In addition to the question rune, ten smaller runes will also be displayed. Players will then have to use the Pillars of Eternity A.R.M. code wheel to decode the question rune and select the properly revealed rune. It's fast and (somewhat) easy.

Be careful, though, because two incorrect selections in a row and your copy of Pillars of Eternity will become locked down for 72 hours while our customer service department investigates possible fraud."

Sad news indeed.

"April Fools'! As we said from the very beginning, Pillars of Eternity is, and always will be, DRM, and ARM, free."

NecomancerjackjackDemonoid_LimewireFredjo