Skip to content

Xzar and Montaron / Khalid and Jaheria - Do they Vanish?

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
edited March 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
If I ditch Xzar and Monty or Khalid and Jaheria after visiting Nashkel (thus removing their timer) and then complete the mines without them, do they vanish? Do I have to pick them up before completing the mines and getting to Chapter 3, or they are gone?

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I might not remember completely correctly, unless they depart for good immediately after you kick them (because your reputation was too high or too low), I think they should stick around where you left them. I don't remember ever experiencing or hearing any to the contrary.

Keep a separate save might still be a good idea, though. Or a backup. Still, I'm 99% certain of the above.
    artemusclyde
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Nope. I kicked them in Nashkel before the mines, and they are still standing there in Chapter 7.
    Melicamp
  • ed209ed209 Member Posts: 5
    At what point can I safely remove Xzar and Montaron from my party? I have just begun chapter 3 and if I try to remove them from my party, they walk off the screen and disappear. I have a high reputation so is that the reason they vanish or do I have to take them a little further plotwise before I can re-recruit them after removing them.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I've seen things that you people wouldn't even imagine, threads from one year ago being risen again, a Necromancer's spells glittering in the dark near http://forum.baldursgate.com. All those moments, that were lost in time, like tears in the rain... are now... back!

@ed209 They go away if your Reputation is above 17, if not they shouldn't, or at least this is what I know.
    LoubxxTheGoDxx
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    ed209 said:

At what point can I safely remove Xzar and Montaron from my party? I have just begun chapter 3 and if I try to remove them from my party, they walk off the screen and disappear. I have a high reputation so is that the reason they vanish or do I have to take them a little further plotwise before I can re-recruit them after removing them.

CrevsDaak said:

I've seen things that you people wouldn't even imagine, threads from one year ago being risen again, a Necromancer's spells glittering in the dark near http://forum.baldursgate.com. All those moments, that were lost in time, like tears in the rain... are now... back!

@ed209 They go away if your Reputation is above 17, if not they shouldn't, or at least this is what I know.

Sorry if I sound petulant and OT, but shouldn't you already be in bed? It's almost midnight where we live, and you surely have classes tomorrow by 7:30 AM, if Argentine schools work anything like Brazilian ones - furthermore, you don't seem to be the kind that would squander the opportunity to enrichen your grey matter with the spices of new information, judging by your wisdom beyond your years.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ed209ed209 Member Posts: 5
    Hmm..well I'm at 13 but they didn't leave of their own accord, I removed them from the party. It's just that i was expecting them to stay where they were when i removed them and they didn't but I wasn't planning to use them again so i guess it doesnt really matter.

I decided resurrecting the thread is better than starting a new one. Might as well keep all the Xzar/Monty stuff in one place.

And...I'm not in school or in Argentina for that matter...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    @Loub I'm a little subversive, plus I wake up very easily, the bad thing I fell asleep easily in class sometimes.
    And school starts at 8, but I live away so I have to wake up at 6:40.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    @ed209
    My comment was aimed at @CrevsDaak‌ , who mentioned in passing both his age and nationality, as well as the fact that he is in school, and slacks off in Portuguese class. My concern with his education comes from the fact that I'm a schoolteacher myself, so it is my duty to make students' lives as miserable as possible, even if they are not my own pupils.

That I am aware of what hour it is in Argentina comes from the fact that I know the time zones, which any person with at least half a brain also should... nay, I kid, I had it memorized out of boredom.

Furthermore, I believe CrevsDaak to be a bright kid, a bit of a twit, but bright. My own gut feelings tell me that he is destined to either succeed extraordinarily or fail miserably at life - bit of a wild card, an eight or eighty situation, with no middle ground - He is incredibly cunning and driven, which will, in the end, prove to be either his doom or salvation hanging on whether he'll have the wisdom to discern the path of the lion from that of the dodo.
    CrevsDaak