Skip to content

**SPOILERS** BG:EE doesn't continue after talking to Aldeth

rjarja Member Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Quest - Investigating the Merchant's League Estate - AR1100, AR0127, AR0128, problem at AR0129.

Take letters to Aldeth Sashenstar. Choose option "We found some documents that you might find interesting.". Aldeth says "You go ahead and I'll be right behind, I need to consult with Brandilar.". After a quick flicker of the screen, the party appears on the third floor with ten merchants and either Irlentree or Aldreth (they look the same to me, but I would guess that it is Irlentree). Fog of War is covering the other end of the room.

Game just waits, I assume for Aldeth and Brandilar to arrive, but they never show up.

Waited for an hour with nothing happening. The Cloak of DIsplacement is wavering, and the party makes those tiny twisting movements looking left and right, without moving their feet, tilting head back and I guess that is a yawn, etc. so the game is not hung. No mouse clicking, pointer motion, or keyboard entry does anything to the game. Ctrl-Alt-Del to Vista Task Manager shows that "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" status is "Running". Try Switch To, and the game is still just waiting. Go to Task Manager again and End Task pops up the message "Are you sure you want to quit? Boo will miss you..." (I liked that). Click on yes and restart game.

If I load a save game from before I give the letters to Aldeth and instead give them to Brandilar, then I can complete the quest by killing the Doppelgangers on the second floor, on the first floor, on the third floor, followed by talking to Brandilar and then talking to Aldeth.

That save game can reproduce the problem by taking the letters to Aldeth. BG:EE gets to the same waiting state on the third floor each time I try it. I have save games from before talking to Aldeth outside the Merchant's League, before going to the second floor, and before giving the letters to anyone. Yeah, I'm one of those kind of players - there are only 429 folders in my mpsave, so if there is some other point in the game that could help diagnose this, I probably have it saved.

This is BG:EE v1.2 multiplayer with my charname and the five canon characters without any mods.

I hope this is the correct place to post this, but I would not be surprised if I am wrong.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited April 2014
    @rja, bugs section would probably be better (edit: moved there now). Can you also compress (the '000000000-SaveGame' folder in question) and upload a saved game? If you are also playing with other people, try taking control of their characters for the duration of the cutscene/area swap.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next patch.
  • rjarja Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    Balquo said:

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next patch.

Sorry, I searched for "Doppelgangers", but now after searching for "merchant league" I found

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27693/merchant-legue-conversation-loops-and-anniversary-party-bug-s

I assume that you do not need my saved game folder.

And thanks for your quick response.