Skip to content

set global variable for Eldoth to stay without completing his quest?

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited April 2014 in General Modding
Is it possible to set the global variable for Eldoth's quest such that he will stay if his quest isn't completed? I have had Coran by himself speak with Skie with Eldoth still downstairs, but she accused him of being a burglar and fled. I had hoped that would be enough to satisfy the quest. But evidently it is not.

Can I simply reset the RESCUESKIE global variable via EEKeeper to fool the game into believing the quest has been completed? Or to set Eldoth's departure so far into the future that it never comes to pass?

Anyway, is there a global variable I can reset so that I can keep him?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    First, check the RESCUESKIE variable for it's number, then you should change it to 1.

Eldoth will leave after one day passes since when you get to the map w/Skie's home, that triggers so if you make a day pass he'll leave your party unless you get Skie with you.

[spoiler=some unneeded stuff about this]If you want the money that Elkart gives, then you'll need this variable set at this number Global("fl#eldothransomtalk","LOCALS",1) (I can't say why it has Wisp's modding signature, it might be an EE fix made by him I guess) and Skie in your party. [/spoiler]
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Thanks @CrevsDaak, I tried it but the result is that Eldoth leaves immediately.
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, what if I CLUA in Skie, add her, and then remove her? No, wait--Eldoth then will leave with her. :/

Edit: Actually, I can do this: CLUA Skie, add her by temporarily removing Imoen, and then CTRL+Y Skie. Then re-add Imoen. This before Eldoth's timer reaches the one day mark. Of course none of this ever happened in the story, it's just some housekeeping re: the game engine.

Done. (I think.)
    Post edited by Lemernis on
    edited April 2014
    By the way, after doing the above, under global variables "RESCUEDSKIE" appeared, set at a value of 1. So I would imagine the same resolution could be accomplished (?) by adding the global variable RESCUEDSKIE and setting its value to 1.

Edit: I tested it, and it does seem to work (i.e., adding that global variable).
    Post edited by Lemernis on