Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Weird UI scaling issues (Windows 8)

Hello,

I have just installed the BG:EE on my MacBook Pro running Windows 8.1 (Intel Iris Pro5200).
The Notebook has a nice Retina display with a very high native resolution. However, I'm not sure if this works well with Baldurs Gate:

1) The UI scaling/proportions are all over the place. While the side- and lower UI-bars are all low-resolution and blurry, the mouse courser and character-tooltips are too tiny and broken:

2) On the other hand, If I disable the UI-Scaling from the Options Menu, the UI elements become too tiny and the zoom-in becomes too limited:

Anyone got the same problem? Can I somehow change the UI-scaling manually to a comfortable level?

Thank you and kind regards,
VikingR

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,154
    edited April 2014
    How is that you have a 2880x1800 resolution on a MacBook pro? It's a 17' right?

Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    There was an issue noted noted on Mac (but not on Windows) at 2880x1800. It was logged as issue #7339, though I'm not sure it's the same. That's to do with fullscreen. When that gets fixed, better support for that resolution should also be included. :-)

To answer your question: currently, there is probably not going to be a comfortable level.

If I may, though—call me confused and genuinely curious—why would you pay for a Mac (they're typically very expensive) only to put Windows 8 on it?

CrevsDaak
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    @CrevsDaak‌
    It's a 15" MacBook. I've just recently found out that Windows 8.1 - at the 2880x1800 resolution - upscales the UI-elements so that they do not become tiny/illegible. It is really weird.
    If I lower the resolution - everything becomes blurry.

@Troodon80‌
    Thank you for your answer. Guess I will have to wait a bit then.

And to answer your question - yes, it is indeed a weird practice by my employer. Buy MacBook - Buy Windows 8.1 License - Buy Office 2013 License - Deinstall MacOS and install Windows + Office - Use Office for everyday work. Guess they have some cash to burn.