Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    edited April 2014
    OOC Quayle was planning on soloing this one, does it count if he jumps in now?

Quayle will cast mirror image, jump into the water, and turn undead.

EDIT OOC Do we have any potions of water breathing? How long can Faldorn hold her breath?
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    OOC: 4ft of water would go over Quayle's head and he would be very little use without firm footing, but I'm not into recalling actions, if Quayle jumped in, he jumped in... this should be interesting.

• lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2014
    "Let's see what your sword can do, darling, I'll be right along" Jaheira fetch out her potion of cloud giant strength and downs it.
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    Minsc looks around for rope or something to throw down so that they made be pulled out.
    "I believe we have a rope of climbing amongst our accounterments, should we not employ it and offer our companions some form of egress?"
    Having emptied the potion, Jaheira jumps down to aid the others. "Are you coming, dear? You too Timoneous."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I was going to post right now, but then a friend suggested a Minecraft stream to me. Blerg! After watching, I feel sick to my stomach… something about first person perspective...
    Oy, that was no fun… It took me a good eight hours to feel normal again. No more Minecraft streams for me…

Now, given how long it has been since I heard from the players of Keldorn and Faldorn…

As Jaheira, Timoneous and Khalid jump into the water, a body bobs to the surface, facedown. It is Faldorn. She is missing flesh from several bite marks in her arms, legs and body. She is not moving or breathing. Seconds later, Keldorn, too, floats free. Much of his face is missing.

Now in the water, you can see the devices of torture that fill the room, half-hidden beneath the water. Suddenly, 6 heads and chests break the surface. These are zombies you have fought before, higher in the castle. Some of them are missing limbs, which attack you from under the surface of the water.
    "No sorrow for those lost in righteous battles. Charge!"
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Kivan tries to snipe them with his bow.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Imoen will use bow and arrows against the,.
    There is little that Xan can do in this fight, so I'll stand watch to make sure no unwelcome visitors show up unexpectedly while my friends are busy..
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    OOC Keldorn floats? In plate mail?

Quayle climbs on top of Faldorn, and attempts to turn undead. If it has no effect, he will cast Chant.
    edited April 2014

OOC Keldorn floats? In plate mail?

It's *magic* plate mail.
    Quayle climbs on top of Faldorn, and attempts to turn undead. If it has no effect, he will cast Chant.
    Let's see if I got this straight. First you're turning dead into a float and then you cast off singing a sea chanty.

(Edited for additional puns)
    Post edited by lockmund on
    Sorry about the delay. Life has been whanging on me a bit. On the plus side- I have really been cleaning up at home. As for Keldorn, the parts of him that are floating are no longer clad in armor. You could dive for it if you really wanted to…

Quayle jumps in the water and disappears. He struggles to the surface, making gagging, coughing noises. You can tell which ones are the mirror images because, while they struggle like him, they don't make ripples in the water. (He's a little too weighed down to really swim, unfortunately).

Jaheira, Khalid and Timoneous jump into the water as well. Thankfully, all of them are tall enough to be in no danger or drowning. Kivan fires off two arrows at the zombies, but misses (unfortunately). The zombies move towards the three, claws outstretched menacingly. Three of the six zombies go after the flailing Quayle, one after Jaheira, one after Timoneous, and the final one after Khalid. Jaheira's Zombie's claws skitter off her armor, Khalid takes a light wound (2 points), as does Timoneous (another two points), while Quayle is badly hurt (21 points total) and knocked out, going back under the water, where he starts to drown (he only had 18 points of damage, so he's unconscious and dying).
    "Xan, see if you can get to Quayle! Minsc, we need you down here,"

edited April 2014
    To Jaheira and those in the water:

"What's the point? I will make a splendid target for those creatures, then you would have four fallen comrades instead of three. I could try if to remove our foolish little friend from his dire predicament if you perhaps gain their attention from my efforts."

To himself and any close enough to hear him speak in a lower voice:

"What a dismal place for a swim. I'll probably catch some disease for my troubles..."

Xan will cast [Stoneskin], then enter the water to try to save Quayle. When I reach Quayle and get to safety, I will remove any item around his neck and place upon him, my (periapt of wound closure).
    "you heard Xan, try to keep them away from him as he enters the water. We need to reduce their numbers before I can try to heal."
    Xan jumps into the water, and the zombies, sensing fresh meat, start heading his way. Kivan fires two arrows, and knocks off two zombie arms, which continue to wriggle through the water towards their targets. Xan grabs Quayle and starts hauling ass back to the dais, Quayle in tow (He'll need help to get up there next round.) One arm claws at his back, for 8 damage.

"Kivan, you are *not* helping, giving us more targets to fight!" Jaheira warns.

Tim cries out as a zombie claws him, and Jaheira yells in pain as a claw cuts her deep (14 damage). Tim throws himself between jaheira and a zombie, taking a slice for his troubles. Khalid gets hit for 8, and Jaheira takes another 7 as she interposes herself between Xan and a zombie, and Timoneous cries out again as a zombie claws him particularly deeply. Tim hits the zombie back for 5, and Khalid destroys it with another 8. Jaheira misses.
    "It's not my fault you just jumped in!"
    OOC: I'm guessing I didn't get to cast stoneskin?

"Kivan, help me lift Quayle up there."
    Kivan will help hoist Quayle up.
    *sigh* +3 from the spear, +1 from weapon skills, +5 from strength ... and she still manage to miss a zombie. :(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Imoen will shoot arrows without getting into the muddy water.
    Imoen and Kivan miss with their arrows. Jaheira misses again (rolled a 2!) Khalid kills a zombie with a thrust of his flaming sword. Timoneous takes out one of the floating arms that is still attacking. There are four zombies and three arms left. The zombies go after Jaheira, Xan and 2 of them go after Khalid. Khalid is able to dodge one attack, but the other hits for 8. Xan takes 2, ruining his casting of Stoneskin. Jaheira also takes 8. The three unattached arms attack, two going after Timoneous, the third after Xan. Xan takes another 8. "I am sure to die!" he calls. Timoneous takes another 14, leaving him barely clinging to life.

Next round, simultaneous initiative. What do you want to do?

Current party hit points: Khalid 62, Jaheira 12, Xan 12, Timoneous 2
    Minsc, summon that dog of yours! Jaheira will press on, figuring third time will be the charm.
    Xan will cast Flaming Arrow at the zombie approaching him.
    @Fenris308 Gonna respond?
    @Fenris308 Guess not.
    Okay, Can I see who is still here?
This discussion has been closed.