Skip to content

Blade Vs F/M/T - No Reload Trilogy Run.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
So here we are ladies and Gentlemen i'm going to make a Trilogy no-reload run with a team made of a F/M/T and a blade. We're accepting money and votes on who will come out the most powerful, or if any of the two will make it. I'm not going to be resurrecting any of them so it'll be a feat to see who makes it to SoA or ToB.

After 25 minutes of rolling, here we are.

Sion
Human
Chaotic Neutral
Blade

(94)

STR - 18
DEX - 18
CON - 16
INT - 18
WIS - 9
CHA - 15

* Short Sword
* Dagger
*** Two weapon style (Mod)

Lyssa
Elf
Neutral Good
F/M/T

(92)

STR - 18/93 (!)
DEX - 19
CON - 17
INT - 18
WIS - 11
CHA - 9

** Crossbow
** Quarter Staff

I'm using BG2 tweaks so the blade will get up to level 8 spells.

So let's see who dies first, who will win and how far they will get. They are not allowed to attack each other but not even the gods can prevent a fireball from flying a bit of target.

Candlekeep here we come.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    F/M/T is ultimately more powerful. I'd say it has better chance of making it to the end. Of course, this is subject to player errors, you!!
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014

F/M/T is ultimately more powerful. I'd say it has better chance of making it to the end. Of course, this is subject to player errors, you!!

Like i would ever make an error! Just because i lost my last C/R solo to the hold spell from the hobgoblins in the sewers under the cooper coronet does not make it into an error, those monsters were just too strong for my character!

Jokes aside, i'll be going into close combat with both, so it could go either way.

Where and how do you get the Elfish chain mail in BGEE?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    SionIV said:

Like i would ever make an error! Just because i lost my last C/R solo to the hold spell from the hobgoblins in the sewers under the cooper coronet does not make it into an error, those monsters were just too strong for my character!

Jokes aside, i'll be going into close combat with both, so it could go any way.

Where and how do you get the Elfish chain mail in BGEE?
    One of Simmeon's f**kbuddies drops it on Dorn's quest, I believe.

Also, I believe the Blade to be roughly on par with the FMT if you have the Rogue Rebalancing mod, especially since they have the two most important HLAs already (Whirlwind and UAI, plus Traps or Bardic Whimsical F**kery), as well as the capability to use a wider and more varied array of weapons and getting levels far faster.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It's tough fight so I'd probably skip it in a no reload game.
    edited April 2014
    jacobtan said:

That was fast lmao

Fastest i've ever lost someone in a No-reload game. Can't remember the last time i died to none SCS Carbos or Shank. I split the two of them up to clear Candlekeep quicker, Sion got Carbos and he went inside, two seconds later he's on the floor dead.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    SionIV said:

jacobtan said:

That was fast lmao

Fastest i've ever lost someone in a No-reload game. Can't remember the last time i died to none SCS Carbos or Shank. I split the two of them up to clear Candlekeep quicker, Sion got Carbos and he went inside, two seconds later he's on the floor dead.
    I do not play no-reload games, but if I were you I would most certainly just talk to Gorion and leave Candlekeep. If I need experience, I will wander the wilderness with bow and arrows and fight wandering monsters for XP.
    jacobtan said:

SionIV said:

jacobtan said:

That was fast lmao

I do not play no-reload games, but if I were you I would most certainly just talk to Gorion and leave Candlekeep. If I need experience, I will wander the wilderness with bow and arrows and fight wandering monsters for XP.
    But that would ruin the purpose, no fun if you're not living on the edge. It's the reason i also try to do Durlag's tower in my no-reload runs.

And let's be honest, if i'm trying to flee from Carbos and Shank something is seriously wrong ;).

But if we take a look at the information that i gathered from this very short game.

Sion - 3 kills
    Lyssa - 2 kills

It should be quite obvious from my fight with the rats before i split up that the Blade is quite a bit more powerful than the F/M/T. Can't really argue with that type of evidence.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Actually I want to play a Blade (power-play a Blade, not role-play) right after I finish my K/C/A run. I'll keep a final save for comparison purposes :D