Skip to content

Is Skie gone forever?

In my current playthough I lost Skie in the Duchal Palace fight. It was due to a slight misunderstanding involving Eldoth, a wand of fire and a Flaming Fist soldier who apparently doesn't know how to stay out of the way of magic.

Anyway, the end result was a room full of dead Flaming Fist in addition to the doppelgangers and a reputation of 1. Which meant that Skie left mid battle due to the reputation drop, walking off with some expensive equipment. She said she was going home, but I can't find her at the Estate. Is there anyway (in game) of getting her back or is she gone for good?

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm somewhat of a scripting novice but I'm pretty sure the code for things like that involve destroying the character (actor) so she won't be coming back and she wasn't just moved somewhere else. When moving people in game it actually destroys the old copy of the actor and spawns a new copy in a new place.

Perhaps someone else can confirm or deny for SirK8...

At any rate, I'd suggest reloading...
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527

At any rate, I'd suggest reloading...

Normally yes, but I'm doing a no-reload, so I'm stuck with the consequences :)

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    then you'd have to ask yourself do you feel luck... er I mean you have to ask yourself if you can live with losing the neat stuff she had on her or not.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Yeah, honestly losing the gear is worse than losing her. If I had noticed her storming off during the battle I would have tried to kill her right then and there. Unfortunately in the heat of things I didn't realize she had left until the dust had cleared.

This particular challenge is the most fun I've had playing BG though so I don't plan to reload. I'll just have to deal with it and press on. My bigger worry is that I will run out of recruitable NPCs before the final battle :)