Skip to content

What's your best stats roll?

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited February 2014
    98 with a Cleric/Ranger, but I was more impressed with a 97 roll on my cleric/illusionist lady gnome (as she had much lower minimum stats).
    [Deleted User]DungeonnoobJuliusBorisov
  • jumbajumba Member Posts: 10
    102 if I recall correctly, but insta lost it because I accidently pushed the wrong button
  • paladinlzqpaladinlzq Member Posts: 6
    94 on my wildmage and 95 for blade...
    Dungeonnoob
  • RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    98 on my Human Paladin, several scores above 90 as well (95 on a Ranger/Cleric, 93 on a Skald, 97 on a Blade). Tbh I dont find it that hard to roll above 90, though I am now playing with a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric who couldn't seem to get above it (score 89)
    Blackraven
  • EduardvdWBEduardvdWB Member Posts: 3
    Just rolled a 99 gnome illusionist/cleric... 9/18/18/19/17/18. Very happy, by far the highest stats I ever got! ;)
    jackjackBlackravenElrandirDungeonnoob
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201

I rolled an insane 98 on my dwarven Skald whose no-reload exploits I was going to journal on the forums. But now I'm thinking of actually lowering his stats. Just because he's almost too perfect.

He has divine blood. Bhaalspawn stats should be good... at least better than average. Imoen has 89 points, btw, I believe, which is best among NPCs in both games.
    ElrandirArchaos
    Aurorus said:

I rolled an insane 98 on my dwarven Skald whose no-reload exploits I was going to journal on the forums. But now I'm thinking of actually lowering his stats. Just because he's almost too perfect.

He has divine blood. Bhaalspawn stats should be good... at least better than average. Imoen has 89 points, btw, I believe, which is best among NPCs in both games.
    True, divine blood justifies high stats. Maybe I'll go ahead with 98, but I might impose some sort of restriction (like picking unpopular party members).

Imoen and Keldorn I think both have 89, the big S even 35.
    jackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Aurorus said:

Divine blood can only justify so much though. Remember that average is about 60-75. 75 is the minimum roll, so that kinda covers the "he got divine blood so he special" a 90 could be a guy who is able to get someone to sell him a product for half off for no reason, can lift 600lbs, and have a 160+ IQ. (18/16/10/18/10/18)
    jackjackBlackravenwinters

True, divine blood justifies high stats. Maybe I'll go ahead with 98, but I might impose some sort of restriction (like picking unpopular party members).

Imoen and Keldorn I think both have 89, the big S even 35.

Use the restriction that I am using on my current playthrough. I finally have my druid going pretty good, and since she´s a druid (yes a she... my first female character ever in BG), she refuses to patronize temples (no potions... no raise dead). Makes for an interesting playthrough since you are not really sure who you will end up with for NPCs... hard to say no to Xzar (but I did any way) knowing that you may be out of wizards by the end-game.

jackjackBlackraven
    @Aurorus: but what stats does your druid have? surely not a 95+ roll?
    congrats with your first female charname (I play both sexes equally often).
    No potions is harsh. In my current Wizard Slayer run I've bought almost all healing potions... I like the no raising/resurrecting idea. Will you post about your druid? Or is it a vanilla testcase?
    meagloth said:

Aurorus said:

Divine blood can only justify so much though. Remember that average is about 60-75. 75 is the minimum roll, so that kinda covers the "he got divine blood so he special" a 90 could be a guy who is able to get someone to sell him a product for half off for no reason, can lift 600lbs, and have a 160+ IQ. (18/16/10/18/10/18)
    Good point. 90 is actually a great roll for pretty much every type of charname (except perhaps Fighter/Mage/Cleric).
    jackjack
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    98 is fairly high, but you could of course roleplay the stats instead of min-maxing (19 con even if 16 is enough because you're a massive drinker for example, I don't know) and I think having an impressive roll for a Bard is also good because the class is pretty unpopular and lacking so it could compensate a bit.

Good luck !
    BlackravenmeaglothjackjackElrandir
    @Gotural, that's what I'm going to do: I'm going to redistribute the stats in Shadowkeeper in a non-min/max way :)
    jackjackGotural
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    96 was mine.
    BlackravenStormvessel
  • illusionillusion Member Posts: 17
    first run was my best - 98 dwarven fighter(Named Bruenor because I was a teenager and obsessed with those books...) 18/00 str too
    BlackravenElrandirCrevsDaakDungeonnoob
  • dinobirdguydinobirdguy Member Posts: 14
    I've never achieved a roll greater than 94, and that was with a paladin (cavalier, IIRC)... somehow, it seems like cheating when you have an automatic 17 or 18 waiting for you.
    jackjack
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I've gotten a few 95+ rolls, but only ever one 98. And it was with a stalker. I didn't even want to play with him! DX Maybe I'll use him one day. I consider high rolls blessings from the deities that govern my alignment. They know my innate power and wish to make me an even greater tool for good or evil.
    BlackravenjackjackStormvessel

@Aurorus: but what stats does your druid have? surely not a 95+ roll?
    congrats with your first female charname (I play both sexes equally often).
    No potions is harsh. In my current Wizard Slayer run I've bought almost all healing potions... I like the no raising/resurrecting idea. Will you post about your druid? Or is it a vanilla testcase?

She has an 8 strength.. lol, but I think the roll was about 92. I usually assign some stats for roleplay purposes (8 strength for example is actually a real handicap because of the weight restriction). All my characters have 18 (or 19) dex though. My roll on Aurorus was 98 or 99 (easy to get these type of rolls on Elf Rangers, but his con was only 16 to start, because I wanted a 16 Int. and Wis. just because he is no dummy).

If the druid gets past Cloakwood, I may write her up. She has a ways to go. I use potions; I just won´t give any money to temples and to the vain so-called gods: so no rezzes and no buying anything from temples. In fact, she won´t even go in them... so no temple related quests in Baldur´s Gate and no cleric NPCs either. Down 2 NPCs already... lol.

My highest roll ever was my MT years ago that I finished up no-reload solo. I think that roll was either 99 or 100, but I rolled for about an hour.

Blackraven
    @Aurorus, that's a nice twist to your charname (the no temple idea). It's ideas like those that I want to develop before starting my Skald game, to give more flavor to it. Hope your druid will make it through Cloakwood, to read more about her.
    Your 99-100 rolls are amazing. I've got two 97 rolls now (recent Swashmage, and a gnomish Cleric/illusionist long ago), and two 98 rolls (years ago a Cleric/Ranger I never played and now the Skald). I usually settle for 90-93 rolls though, which is still very high.

@Elrandir, may you roll many blessed charnames!
    Elrandir
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    94 on a Fighter/Mage Half-Elven but Strength was 18/23. Much better is a run-of-the mill 90-92 with a Strength of 18/70+.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Rolled 99 on my elven ranger and 94 on a monk i saved.
    BlackravenElrandir
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Um, small. I usually play sorcerers, and they don't have a prime stat, or really any stat reqs at all. So the get some of the smallest rolls. Rangers and paladins get the highest on average, cause they have to have pretty much everything at least good.
    BlackravenjackjackDungeonnoobCrevsDaak
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    i got a 94 on a RDD the other day.

Highest is 97 on a blade. I have seen (and rerolled...) a 98
    jackjackBlackravenElrandir
  • SublimeBWSublimeBW Member Posts: 42
    I normally go with the first roll of 87 or higher I encounter. It makes the start a bit easier without being too over-powered. That being said, the highest I can recall is my last play through of BG1 (and will be carrying forward to BG2 at some point). I ended up getting a 95 on my Sorcerer without needing to reroll. Just opened up the character creator and then BAM! Supah stats in my face.
    ElrandirDungeonnoob
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenStormvessel
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    Sergio said:

108 with a paladin.
    104 with a fighter.

But....
    I used an automatic reroller.

I use an autoroller, too, but I don't see it as full blown cheating as all it really does is save time and keep you from skipping over good rolls, but it is definitely an advantage.

My Archer roll I posted up top was obtained with an autoroller, but unlike some of my other godly rolls, it did not come from hours of rerolling (I didn't have it on very long at all). In fairness, the Archer makes scoring a high roll fairly easy.

I have never gotten anywhere near a 108 even with an autoroller. That's a perfect roll! Grats!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StormvesselElrandir