Skip to content

Is BG1 Unfinished Business compatible with EE yet?

JatopianJatopian Member Posts: 12
Is BG1 Unfinished Business compatible with EE yet? If so, could I have the link to the compatible version?

Sorry if this is the wrong category to put this in.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    As far as I know not officially compatible yet, but it can be installed, mostly works and doesn't crash the game.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Who and where are people working on this mod?
    The official forums here doesnt seem to the be the meeting point for EE modders, if there are any
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    The "meeting points" mainly are gibberlings3 and spellhold studios with attached forums.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2014
    How to install this mod for BG:EE? @Shin said it's possible, but every time i try i get "Please install BG, BGT or TutU" next to each component and it's not installed due to errors.
    BTW, anyone know the status of version 14 progress?
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    It's not officially compatable currently (that'll likely be the next version), but I did manage to get it installed.

The hard way, by changing everything in the tp2 to point to the right BGEE resources, which involved a ton of edits and frustration and then I stupidly lost the file so I can't do it anymore.

I'm pretty sure there has to be an easier way.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • RyknRykn Member Posts: 30
    This is the last part of the piece for me. once this is ready BG 1 EE will be perfect.
    RasekovEtamin
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    According to the latest from Jastey, there is no ETA on BG1UB for BGEE.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29101.0.html
  • RyknRykn Member Posts: 30
    And that's smart because if he gave one and missed it the anons on the internet would happily harass daily.
    WanderonSCARY_WIZARDelminsterFredjo
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    To be fair, looking over the BG1UB readme it seems like most of its components have been made redundant, at least insofar as the EE is concerned: the Elminster encounter has already been fixed, Angelo acknowledges Shar-Teel, Safana charms people instead of animals... and the BG1 NPC Project fixes Kagain's quest and Branwen's encounter with Tranzig, so there's that as well.

Really, the only component I'd consider vital at this point is the Mysterious Vial, because I loved how that loose end was dealt with. Everything else seems to have been covered already.
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    It's for Ice Isle level 2 and Tranzig/Branwen when I play
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Still you have Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations, Item Corrections and Restorations and Creatures Corrections and Restorations which should (i didn't play this mod) expand the world. But good to hear that half of the mod is already in game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Etamin: The question is whether those fixes/restorations are still needed, though - some (or all) of it may have fallen under the aegis of bugfixes already applied to the EE.
    elminster
  • EndaarEndaar Member Posts: 19
    I would have to go with the assessment of @Etamin here. Here's hoping it gets released soon so we can see the plethora of fixes that I know most of us are pretty sure are not in that "aegis" of bugfixes you mentioned.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

It's for Ice Isle level 2 and Tranzig/Branwen when I play

The 2nd level of Ice Isle is already part of EE.
    As for the Tranzig/Branwen I can't remember (@Dee?).

PS. 3 months ago, when I tried it, I was able to install BG1UB without problems. I also did some quests to test it.
    elminster