Skip to content

Difficulty Level?

So I just got the Android version and I noticed that the difficulty level slider seems different than the original BG (or maybe its the same) and my memory is faulty.

My question is, I want max hp on levelup but don't want to play on the difficulty level that allows for it as it reduces damage to 75% of normal. I want to play on core rules so enemies do full standard damage but still want max hp on level up.

iirc max hp used to be a check box in the settings program outside of the game (where you set key bindings AI path node amounts and cache, so its likely a baldur.ini setting.

I saw in another thread this is editable in Android, but if I add it and set my difficulty to core will it keep the max hp setting or will the slider override it?

Also I own the iPad version, are the saves compatible between the two?

Otherwise its running great on a N7 2013(FHD). But I haven't played that much yet.

Comments

• pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    You can just change difficulty everytime you level up and then put it back afterwards
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    BuddyRich said:

iirc max hp used to be a check box in the settings program outside of the game (where you set key bindings AI path node amounts and cache, so its likely a baldur.ini setting.

Not in Baldur's Gate or Baldur's Gate II. I think this was in Icewind Dale, I think.
    BuddyRich said:

Save from Windows are compatible with Android, and helpful people on the forum sometimes edit save games for iPad users using a PC tool so I believe saves should be compatible whatever the platform.
    meaglothcmk24Aristillius
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    BuddyRich said:

Yes, all save games on all platforms are the same, the only thing that changes is the directory they sit in.