Skip to content

Amazon play?

Any idea if this will become available on the Amazon App store at any point? I'd love to play it on my Kindle Fire HDX instead of my 5inch screen phone.

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I don't know if you can do it with the newer Kindles but you may be able "sideload" the app. It's been a long time since I've done it, so google instructions on how to do that. Iirc you have to backup the app on the phone, transfer the file to a computer, then put that file onto the Kindle. I believe you also need a utility app that will actually install the app once it's on the Kindle.
  • Stormweaver1983Stormweaver1983 Member Posts: 13
    I tried that with one backup app, but the file is considered "protected" and won't backup as normal. If I could find the .apk file, I would sideload in a heartbeat.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I used a file manager to backup. I think Astro is the name of the app I used (got rid of my android phone so I'm going from memory). It should be able to find the .apk
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just a note: sideload at your own risk. Your phone may have a different build for compatibility than the one needed by your Kindle Fire HDX, which will probably have an effect on its performance.
    Yeah, very true, Dee. One of the reasons that I was hoping it would make its way onto the Amazon App store.
  • oshyoshy Member Posts: 5
    Another vote for the Amazon app store :)
  • LrdApocLrdApoc Member Posts: 10
    For those who want to know in general.. I rooted my Fire HD and the Google Play version is running like a champ on my system. That bodes well for the app if it ever makes it to the Amazon store.
    For sure! I've looked into rooting my HDX, but can't seem to find a process for the latest software version.
  • ijustwantitonkindleijustwantitonkindle Member Posts: 4
    Please put on the app store, i would very much prefer
    not sideloading on my kindle
  • ijustwantitonkindleijustwantitonkindle Member Posts: 4
    or rooting it, and since there are a lot of kindle users whose sideloaded game crashes im sure you would make some money off of the addition to the amazon appstore
  • tenbsmithtenbsmith Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to see BGEE on Amazon. This may be the app that gets me to root my 1st gen Fire. I figure rooting would also yield some performance bonuses.