Skip to content

BGEE Android Performance Drop

BochoBocho Member Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Android (Archive)
I bought the app last night on my Nexus 10. The game will run great for 10 or so seconds and then the game speed will cut in half. Switching areas seems to reset this, but 10 seconds later the speed slows to a crawl again. I don't recall the beta having this issue. Is there anything I can try on my end to fix it? Is there any other useful info you guys would need? Thanks!

Edit: It seems to also refresh itself when I open a menu. But again, it slows down a few seconds later.
Post edited by Bocho on
Spazmock

Comments

• SpazmockSpazmock Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem on the same type of tablet. The speed of the game seems to be slashed in half after a few seconds, every time you enter a new area. I have tried resting my tablet back to factory settings to see if it helps and nothing.

Any help on fixing this would be amazing.
    Bocho
  • Nyu727Nyu727 Member Posts: 3
    Same Tablet (16gb Nexus 10 with latest version of android) Same issues, Performance just kinda drops after a short amount of time.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    They have been having problems with Nexus 10 at the moment, I think they are still trying to isolate the issue (after following the beta phase).
    Well I'm hoping it is just a bug, I would assume it is since for a bit the game runs perfect then kinda drops in frames.
    Aristillius
  • BochoBocho Member Posts: 4
    Yeah it's absolutely a bug. Probably something with the way the Nexus 10's GPU handles a certain type of operation. Also, interestingly enough, sliding from the top or bottom of the screen (to get the Android UI out of immersive mode) and then letting go will restore game speed for about a second.
    Well hopefully they fix it, It's a little annoying playing the game in slow-mo
    I don't wanna come across as annoying here, but can we get any acknowledgement that this is indeed an issue? I'm not looking for a solution, just confirmation that it's being worked on. Even a response of, "We have no idea what causes this and it may take 6 years to fix" would be nice to hear. Thank you Beamdog!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We are aware of the problem, yes. We haven't isolated the cause yet (beyond "Nexus 10 is just generally slow", that is), but we're looking for it.
    Bocho
    Thank you, Dee! The openess is greatly appreciated!
  • willsey1104willsey1104 Member Posts: 3
    Please prioritize fixing this issue. To me this falls under the category of unacceptable gameplay and have ceased playing until the issue fixed.