Skip to content

MBTI / Jungian types vs. D&D Alignments. What's your type?

2»

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    @Loub,

A LITTLE boy one day ran indoors from school and called out eagerly: "Oh, mother, what do you think of Tom Jones? I have just heard that ——"

"Wait a minute, my boy. Have you put what you have heard through the three sieves before you tell it to me?"

"Sieves, mother! What do you mean?"

"Well, the first sieve is called Truth. Is it true?"

"Well, I don't really know, but Bob Brown said that Charlie told him that Tom ——"

"That's very roundabout. What about the second sieve — Kindness. Is it kind?"

"Kind! No, I can't say it is kind."

"Now the third sieve — Necessity. Will it go through that? Must you tell this tale?"

"No, mother, I need not repeat it."

"Well, then, my boy, if it is not necessary, not kind, and perhaps not true, let the story die."

Edit: http://www.strecorsoc.org/storygarden/58199_tts.html
    jacobtanjackjack
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    @Blackraven‌
    I don't get it.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    @Blackraven‌

Much wisdom in your parable ^_^
    Blackravenjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited April 2014
    Loub said:
    Um, that's good, I think...
    jacobtan said:

@winters‌
    For RP purposes, do you actually do an MBTI test and try matching it to your alignment?

@jacobtan‌
    This would be hard, and if you could even do it it would be unreliable because the MBTI is personality type, and alignment is morality and regard to rules. Safana, Garrick and Neera are all chaotic neutral, but they have wildly different MBTI types.
    jackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    jacobtan said:

There are unspoken ground rules in any community regarding interactions with one another. Those words you said, they are uncalled for. This is a community where people from disparate walks of life are drawn together by a game, a virtual place where we can indulge in some fantasies, if only to make RL just a little more bearable.

Actually, in this community those rules are spoken quite clearly in the Site Rules.
    wintersjacobtanNonnahswriterjackjack