Skip to content

Some Dual Wielding Questions

If you are dual wielding and it says your attacks per round is 4, that means 1 attack per round with the off hand and 3 attacks per round with the main hand, right? Also, if you are using a weapon in your off hand that you have no proficiency points in, does the -1 THAC0 and damage penalty only go to the off hand or does it penalize the main hand too?

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Correct on the number of attacks question. You always have 1 attack with the offhand, the rest with the mainhand. The only exception is under the effects of Improved Haste, where you have 2 offhand attacks, the rest are mainhand.

I'm not sure on the offhand nonproficiency thing, but you should be able to test it easily by equipping an offhand you're not proficient with and looking at your character sheet. I'd do it but am away from my PC for now.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It should only go to the off hand, but you can test it easily enough (assuming the character sheet is correct, of course).
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    I agree with the others, beware though that the Thac0 penalty for non-proficiency is higher than -1, depending on your class. In BGEE it's -2 for warriors, -3 for priests and rogues and -5 for mages.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Exactly, and there is no damage penalty as far as I know for being non-proficient in a weapon.