Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Bug? Exceptionally minor - EEKeeper Portrait Issues - Aerie [spoilers]

Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
So, this is really strange, but I'm unable to change Aerie's portrait in EEKeeper... Everyone else changed... CHARNAME, Minsc, Rasaad, Neera, and Imoen all... but Aerie constantly defaults to her standard portrait when the save is loaded. It's quite trivial, and very weird.

Unsure if others have encountered this issue or if it happens to anyone else.

I have no mods installed, and am in the underdark. Just got drow-changed by Adalon and I like to switch to drow portraits. This doesn't really require a fix, it's just fun for immersion.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Did you place the custom portraits in both 'portraits' and 'override' folders?
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    Yep. The issue is that everyone else was able to be changed... Even to the point that a portrait that worked for Imoen didn't work for Aerie... it's weird.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited April 2014
    I believe this has something to do with the fact that Aerie starts with no portrait at all (otherwise you would be able to see her real portrait, during conversations, even when she is supposed to look like an Ogre).

She gets a portrait (by script), only when she regains her true form, so you can't simply change her portrait using EEKeeper.

However, placing a new portrait in the override folder should work, if the files are named exactly NAERIEL.BMP, NAERIEM.BMP, NAERIES.BMP.
    Ploughed_Jester
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If you reload the edited save in EE Keeper a second time does it revert there?
    Reloading a second time does still revert. The override name match is inspired though! Can't wait to try it out tonight. Deleting the override after the drow portion of the game should switch her back, I assume. Yes?
    @Erg Your idea worked perfectly! Good call on it being scripted due to the ogre... that's got to be why.
    Erg