Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android--Now Available!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited April 2014 in Archived News
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is now available for purchase for Android through the Google Play Store. Get your copy today! (Check out BaldursGate.com for more information.)

Get it from the Google Play Store now.
Post edited by Dee on
JuliusBorisovcmk24BalquoAristilliusAntonBlackLinxPibaroAnduinlolienFredjoTroodon80cherrycoke2lDarksheerAdul

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just a head's up--

We're working on addressing a critical issue right now having to do with the saved game directory. We'll post here when we have it fixed; in the mean-time, we thank everyone for their enthusiasm and patience.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakcmk24
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited April 2014
    @Dee The frontpage (www.baldursgate.com) has a dead link when clicking on the Apple logo (404 error).
    CrevsDaak
  • SpaceQuesterSpaceQuester Member Posts: 6
    How can I turn on Russian language on Android version?
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeeeey :D
  • NemoNemo Member Posts: 5
    Hello, is it possible to transfer my save games from iPad to android? (In BG EE)
    jackjack
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm glad that the Android version has been released, even thought I'm very unlikely to play Baldur's Gate on Android. Still,I'm happy because if memory serves me well, something ought to be done after shipping Android.
  • lobotomy42lobotomy42 Member Posts: 2
    Any chance it will show up in the Amazon App Store for those of us with Kindles?
    For now it's Google Play only. Amazon's a whole different beast on the business side.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • lobotomy42lobotomy42 Member Posts: 2
    Understood. Thanks for answering.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Does it work on Galaxy S3?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    congratulations
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Congratulation, digging out my tablet and heading to Google Play Store to get my copy ; )
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Was just thinking can you mod the droid version? SCS is usually a basic mod I add, along with the mod that randomizes treasure
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    ZoGarth said:

Was just thinking can you mod the droid version? SCS is usually a basic mod I add, along with the mod that randomizes treasure

Check out this thread in the android section: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31547/modding

JuliusBorisov
  • SqeakywheelSqeakywheel Member Posts: 1
    Paid my pennies started saved game..have come back too play and have a black screen.....help I am on a nexus 7and gutted x
  • okthenokthen Member Posts: 1
    Great to finally get to play this on android. However wont register touch input on my Nexus 7 (2013). It works if I use volume controls shortly before trying to use a menu item, but when the overlay disappears, so does my ability to control. Is this a known bug? I did manage to get a refund, bit i would like to play it.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    manero said:

Does it work on Galaxy S3?

If you have a usa version of the gs3 it does not at the current moment. They know of the issue and are working to fix it
  • KayageKayage Member Posts: 2
    hiya Dee, I am awaiting for the apps to stabilize before I jump in with my Nexus 10.

Currently, I am reading a lot of reviews and feedbacks that requires your fine team immediate attention. No pressure here and I do believe the apps should stabilize in the very near future.

I do hope to read your updates more frequently as it would help me gauge the best time to be taking the plunge. O-ya, pls do alert us on the devices the fixes have address in your frequent updates as well.. it would be a great information to your customers as well as us potential customers! :D

Lastly, keep up the good work!
  • KayageKayage Member Posts: 2
    Dee,

May I request that your team give more details on the fixes you have done? Your current status does not tell much. i.e. "fixed crash on start up" does not tell users if the fix is for a certain device or for all devices. Thank you for reading :D
    Cr4zyJ
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I was positive that BG:EE android would take so long that I wouldn't even be playing it on the tablet that I had originally bought with the intention of playing BG:EE on it. I was wrong. Haven't had any issues with the version either.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Cyruschen0112Cyruschen0112 Member Posts: 55
    Bought it already. Looking foward to the BG II EE. When will it be released?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014

When will it be released?

Soon...

probably after they release the patch for BG2EE
    jackjackkaguanaJuliusBorisovDungeonnoob
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited May 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

When will it be released?

Soon...

probably after they release the patch for BG2EE
    Kayage said:

Dee,

May I request that your team give more details on the fixes you have done? Your current status does not tell much. i.e. "fixed crash on start up" does not tell users if the fix is for a certain device or for all devices. Thank you for reading :D

I'll pass that along. The crash was for all devices; there was briefly an issue where the game wouldn't start because it was looking for the saved games in the wrong spot.
  • RyeinGoddardRyeinGoddard Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Does that mean we will get a native Linux client as well? :D
  • CasterCaster Member Posts: 2
    GooglePlay says: "Not enought free space on external drive"... WTF? How mush memory it needs?! I have 6 Gb on SD...
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    Caster said:

GooglePlay says: "Not enought free space on external drive"... WTF? How mush memory it needs?! I have 6 Gb on SD...

mine says 2.4 Gb but maybe it requires additional space while loading / installing for copying files etc.