Skip to content

#7760 - Stat boxes on inventory screen can stay locked in scrolled-down position

HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
edited April 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Tested platform: Windows 7 PC

This is an interface bug that affects both BG:EE and BG2:EE. The problem is with the boxes in the upper-right hand section of the inventory screen. These boxes can display a maximum of 4 lines at once. If there are 5 or more lines of text to be displayed inside a box, a scroll bar is added to that box so you can scroll down. While the box is in the scrolled-down position, if you now remove an effect from the character so that there are only 4 lines to be displayed again, the upper lines cannot be seen anymore because the disappearance of the additional lines and the scroll bar makes it impossible to scroll back up again.

The following screenshots illustrate this behavior. I'm using the THAC0 box in the example, though all four boxes are affected.
Consider the THAC0 stats of a level 1 elf with 17 strength holding a long sword and having two points in the long sword proficiency:

As you can see, the THAC0 box displays four lines, with the upper line being "Base THAC0: 20". Now I change the weapon to a long sword +1:

The THAC0 box now contains 5 lines and is scrollable. If I scroll down, I can see the fifth line that was added due to the THAC0 bonus of the sword:

The THAC0 box is now scrolled down. If I then switch weapons again, the additional line and the scroll bar disappear from the box:

However, now I am unable to scroll up again, so the upper line "Base THAC0: 20" cannot be seen anymore in the box. The THAC0 box is locked in the scrolled-down position.

Closing and reopening the inventory screen does not resolve the issue. Only saving and then reloading the game makes the box return to its scrolled-up position. It should also be noted that sporadically, I did manage to eventually scroll back up by randomly turning the scroll wheel up and down while clicking around in the inventory and in the four boxes multiple times. This happened at random and could not be reproduced reliably.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I can confirm on iPad and Mac versions of the game in both games.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Confirmed and reported; #7760. Also applies to Android, so it's on every platform.