Skip to content

do i need to keep this items or what?

hello everyone
i have a lot of items which i am not sure if they are junks or useful.
i have a lot of letters with name of "Letter" about chair, mulahey, tanzok, davaeorn,... and i got some other letters during DORN's quests and a lot of other various items like key, wine and other items which i needed to gain access to second underground floor in Durlags Tower, plus a bunch of wards from various places in Durlags Tower or from npcs which claimed that these wards are going to help me in there.

so shall i just throw them away or what?

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Once used, quest items usually become worthless.

I usually pick some house or room in an inn where I use one box to store all my magical treasure and another to hoard unused quest stuff. Nowadays I pretty much know which items I won't need ever again, but keep them out of tradition. :)
    jahes64MacHurtoSirK8Ploughed_Jester
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    edited April 2014
    @all
    thanks for answers.
    Calmar said:

I usually pick some house or room in an inn where I use one box to store all my magical treasure and another to hoard unused quest stuff. Nowadays I pretty much know which items I won't need ever again, but keep them out of tradition. :)

i dont think that is a good idea since they will disappear anyway, however it takes longer time.
    i did placed all of companions inside friendly arms inn and put these items on inventory of some of the companions that i never use!
    Post edited by jahes64 on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    jahes64 said:

Calmar said:

i dont think that is a good idea since they will disappear anyway, however it takes longer time.
    i did placed all of companions inside friendly arms inn and put these items on inventory of some of the companions that i never use!
    As far as I'm aware any item you put into a container should stay there forever. Its items left on the ground that will disappear.
    jahes64Calmar
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    i did put some items in one of containers in friendly arms inn but after a while which i came back to collect them, none of those items were there
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I always stash my stuff at the Jovial Juggler and have never had items disappear...
    jahes64
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    BG1 they should stay. BG2 they could disappear if you leave them in a building that could become your guildhouse (like the Mar'vae Guildhouse).

If you're really worried about it, sell it to a shopkeeper. It won't disappear but you'll have to pay more to get it back. Think of it as a bank charge for using their safety depsoit box.
    jackjacklunarjahes64
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    If I ever have any doubt about an item, I dump it in the barrel in Beregost outside of the Jovial Juggler "Just in case". That way it doesn't take up space in any of my precious inventory slots. After all, it's not like money is a problem after the initial part of the game.

But that stuff all sounds worthless after Durlag's. Certainly the notes are worthless. And you can always copy them into your journal if you want to keep them for posterity.

jahes64