Skip to content

Are you supposed to get 10% extra exp in BG2?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just noticed during my solo that my character was getting a little bit more exp than what was being displayed on the battle log thing at the bottom.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Hhmmmm... I've never heard this... I heard that the character in the leader spot gets a higher percentage of the party XP, and maybe it's boosting it by that percent?
  • thesoloerthesoloer Member Posts: 77
    Yeah I never really paid attention to it until now. I returned the poisoned guy to Rylock in the Docks District and it said I received 14,550 exp on the battle log, but when I checked my character sheet I actually gained 16,005 exp.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    In vanilla BG2 you get 110% XP and not 100%, I can confirm this. TobEx has an option to fix this.
    elminsterjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

In vanilla BG2 you get 110% XP and not 100%, I can confirm this. TobEx has an option to fix this.

Because you don't level fast enough when soloing :P ? Is there an explanation?

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

Because you don't level fast enough when soloing :P ? Is there an explanation?

the explanation is it's a bug that hasn't been fixed
    So it's not a bug, it's part of the rules? Neat, I didn't know that.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    thesoloer said:

So it's not a bug, it's part of the rules? Neat, I didn't know that.

Actually, it's part of 2E rules, but I wouldn't place as much emphasis on it. This is the age of modding and adherence to the rule set will be loose at best.
    jackjack
    I assume 2E means 2nd Edition rules?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    thesoloer said:

I assume 2E means 2nd Edition rules?

Correct!
    CrevsDaak
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    Yeah. Nobody really gives rules a damn nowadays, whether 2E, 3E or 4E. So just do as you see fit. If there are enough active modders who think similarly as you do, chances are good that you will get a rules mod that is to your liking. Otherwise, you can always edit the data files directly with an editor.
    elminster
    It's just intriguing to know that the developers intended this 10% bonus to be put in the game. For a long while I had mistakenly thought it was a bug.