Skip to content

Cannot enter the name of a new character [Android 4.4]

Hello. I have an Android 4.4 tablet and I've got a problem.
It's partly similar to this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13884/character-creation-can-t-type-the-name.
I create a character I want, but I cannot type the name for her\him.
When I choose pre-made character or import them I cannot edit the name. The cursor is in the right position and I can select the text but I cannot do anything with it.
Here are the screenshots:

Comments

• lukalunnalukalunna Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    Okay, I don't think it'd be solved in couple of days... I partly resovled this by installing the PC version, creating a character and importing my savegame in Android, but I think this should really be looked into.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What device are you using? Do you use a keyboard of any kind?
  • lukalunnalukalunna Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

What device are you using? Do you use a keyboard of any kind?

I use ONDA v975m and I don't use any custom keyboard, just the one that was with KitKat 4.4 for my device.
    I understand chineese tablets support isn't the most important thing, but I'd love to be able to play without restrictions.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The reason I ask is that your screenshots don't show a keyboard, so I was wondering if the keyboard was somewhere else.

So if I understand correctly, you do the following:

1. Create new character, and continue until the Name step
    2. When you press "Name", it opens the window and the on-screen keyboard
    3. You enter your character's name using the on-screen keyboard
    4. You press the Enter key

At this point, what happens? Does the keyboard close, or does it remain open and the window just remain where it is?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Dee, this appears to be the same issue I mentioned before (image 4 of 17). There is a name typed into the text box, but if you close the on-screen keyboard (which I certainly have a tendency to do because it gets in the way), the 'Done' button remains disabled.

Not sure if this is the same thing, though.
    CrevsDaak