Skip to content

Divine Remix - Any updates?

DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
Hello, modders! I have a quick question about the Divine Remix mod. Are there any plans currently to recreate this mod for BG:EE (now that BG2:EE has been confirmed)? It's one of my all-time favorites, since I love getting as close as possible to P&P for these games, so I'm hoping the author is looking into it, but I haven't heard any updates in months.
dib

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sadly, from what I could gather there are none. I think I saw @Ardanis mentioned that he wanted to make it compatible with BG:EE at some point. But that was almost 10 months ago. As far as I could find there is currently nothing over at the The Gibberlings Three forums about a successful BG:EE compatible version of Divine Remix as well. Which is quite a shame for such an magnificient mod.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Sweet, thanks! The lack of this mod has been making going from BG:EE to my older, modded-up version of BG2 a bit of a chore. Thanks for your time and effort!
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    If you enjoyed Divine Remix, consider checking out @Mordeus' Faiths of Faerun mod. It's pretty much DR on steroids.

Link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17118/mod-faiths-of-faerun-kitpack-v0-5c-ready-for-testing/p1
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    DR might still be usable? ...SO I have a choice between DR and FoF? Choices are bad, very bad :(
    KamigoroshiFelspawn

If you enjoyed Divine Remix, consider checking out @Mordeus' Faiths of Faerun mod. It's pretty much DR on steroids.

Link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17118/mod-faiths-of-faerun-kitpack-v0-5c-ready-for-testing/p1

But how close is it to the original AD&D 2nd Ed. P&P game?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    DrEast said:

But how close is it to the original AD&D 2nd Ed. P&P game?
    Incredibly close. You see DR takes a more balanced approach, where everything has a set ability list (Everything cleric kit has a magical weapon +1-+5 ability, and 4-5 spells usable per day at various levels, if you have used DR before,t hen you know what im talking about)

FoF is as close to the Faiths and Avatar kits as posible (THe watcher of helm even begins with full platemail that he cannot remove at level 1)

The P&P kits are incredibly broken, but incredibly fun so i am torn in half between broken fun and balance.
    The 15th November has arrived and BGII:EE was successfully released as well (yay!). Can you give us a word or two of how currently the updating progression of Divine Remix fares, @Ardanis? My amorphous body trembles with excitement! :)
    CrevsDaak
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    I'll bump this because I'd like to know about this mod also, since I didn't see it on the thread about BG2:EE compatible mods that LiamEsler started
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    I'll also be very interested in this !

One question though, is there problems with adding kits to the game as it's the case for BG:EE since 1.2 ? Cause divine remix without the clerics kits will no be as fun as it is with ^^
    StoneSwords
  • PlagueNatePlagueNate Member Posts: 2
    Anyone tried this yet, does it seem to be working? Or still in need of an update?
    <.< >.>

*cough*
    Almost three months have now silently passed by. How do things fare with the mod @Ardanis? Can you at least give us some tiny bits of information concerning the upcoming Divine Remix update for the EE editions?
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakelminster
    edited May 2014
    Err... well... bummer... seeing as overall 9 months have passed without hearing even a whisper about the EE compatible Divine Remix update, I think it's save to say that @Ardanis doesn't hold much (or any) interest in that mod anymore.

R.I.P Oozemaster kit ;_;