Skip to content

New Modder trying some things out and doesnt know what he did wrong, help would be wellcome

InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
edited May 2014 in General Modding
i was trying an older item mode and some of the items were not working and crushed the game, so i was trying to see what the problem was and maybe fix it so i could use the mode, i used the DLTCEP to play with the items that didnt work change thing, but it had no effect. so if someone would be willing to help me out and tell me what is wrong and how to fix it i would realy appreciate it. i will also attach the original mode i had problem with, some of the items work but some dont namely the staff, gloves, robe and belt.

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You will need to convert the TRA files (even the English ones) into UTF-8 (without BOM). They are presently encoded as CP1252/Windows-1252, which will crash the game. Perhaps there are additional problems beyond that.
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2014
    Wisp said:

You will need to convert the TRA files (even the English ones) into UTF-8 (without BOM). They are presently encoded as CP1252/Windows-1252, which will crash the game. Perhaps there are additional problems beyond that.

Thanks for the quick respons, i appreciate the help.
    A little more detail would be appreciated like i said i am rather new to all of this so a step by step would be nice.

edited May 2014
    You can use iconv, which you run on the command line. Place iconv.exe and the DLLs on your system path or in the mod folder. Open a command prompt (you can probably use Shift+Right click->Open command something here) in the mod folder and use the command:
    for /r %f in (*.tra) do iconv -from-code cp1252 -to-code utf-8 --output %f %f
    (Or something like that; my CMD is rusty. You can also turn it into a batch file by doubling all the percentage signs and saving it as one.)
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    Wisp said:

You can use iconv, which you run on the command line. Place iconv.exe and the DLLs on your system path or in the mod folder. Open a command prompt (you can probably use Shift+Right click->Open command something here) in the mod folder and use the command:
    for /r %f in (*.tra) do iconv -from-code cp1252 -to-code utf-8 --output %f %f
    (Or something like that; my CMD is rusty. You can also turn it into a batch file by doubling all the percentage signs and saving it as one.)

thanks again for the help, i will try it out. though it's still looks like chines to me.
    I mistyped. It should be --from-code and --to-code (or -f and -t). You can also try searching around for a solution you are more comfortable with.