Skip to content

Devices that can run BG

I'm in the Beta and its looking great on my Nexus 7 and my Samsung S3.
However, I'm thinking of upgrading my phone (want 4g), so it looks like I won't be playing BG on the S3.
What other phones have people been testing on, and how does it play on them?

I'd hate to get a new phone ,and then find out I can't smash up the sword coast on it....

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I have the Galaxy S4 - it works perfectly (and great phone too I might add). However, I do not think the team intends for a release on phones, the screen being simply too small. They wont actively try to hinder it tho I believe.
  • ZelaznywladssonZelaznywladsson Member Posts: 1
    It is perfectly playable even on SGS 2 Plus. Textures look great, good frame rate.
    For me the screen size is not a problem at all so far, but I can imagine that after a few hours of gameplay it could get tiring.
  • jay123jay123 Member Posts: 2
    does it work on Motorola Xoom I can't get it to run
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2014
    jay123 said:

does it work on Motorola Xoom I can't get it to run

There is a (hopefully) small bug that was introduced in the latest build (as of 7pm today) that causes the game to crash on boot for some devices. I have had early access for the past 3 days and up until the latest update the app has been working great on my Asus TF101.

Dee posted on the Google+ page:

" We're working to address the crashing issue from the last build. The next build will restore the saved game location from before (that's Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancedition), so be sure to back up your saves before any subsequent updates."

Edit: See this link for the latest news on updates: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31541/baldur-s-gate-enhanced-edition-for-android-now-available#latest
  • jonasnichollsjonasnicholls Member Posts: 7
    intel papyre pad 1010?
  • CasterCaster Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Anybody knows, will BG run on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0? How much free memory it wants to run?